Too large for the exiles site !.

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by martintheveg, Feb 6, 2008.

1. martintheveg

martintheveg New Member

Hey Sir Bazil, and all others interested, I thought i`d do a little post for you, i`m too old to get into a scrap with you and you sound on the board like you mean business.

I went up to Bolton last week on Virgin trains to Preston, i went around the markets of Chorley during the day, stuff is so cheap up there, and met one of my nephews, my older brother and my twin brother`s wife in the Wetherspoons pub around three thirty.

It was great to see around five to six hundred at the game, a fantastic effort for a mid week game.You will know by now how the game went, we were a lot more solid and i certainly came away thinking this is the start of our season, just hope in reality that it`s not too late.Was freezing cold after the game and our train north was not for forty minutes so my nephew and me went back to the ground which is only two minutes from the station to see the staff and players getting onto the coach.

The players were coming out in dribs and drabs and when we got there Simon was posing with some guys taking pics. with mobile phones. Healy was talking to someone who seemed to know him and for the first time it really hit me how small he is.

Brede came out, we had really enjoyed his debut and i welcomed him to Fulham (which sounds stupid as we were in Horwich, a suburb of Bolton) and he thanked me for that.
    I also informed Jimmy that the Bolton fans were booing him, to which he replied "that wasn`t very nice was it ?"

We just watched most players come out and they nearly all stopped to chat to fans and to have pics. taken, it was a good sight in this day and age.

Denzil was one of the first onto the coach and he went straight to the food at the back of the coach and started stuffing what looked like chicken legs, i`m sure he dropped one !.(chicken leg that is.)

I went to Blackpool in the morning which was very windy but a nice stroll along the beach and a couple of pints and i was at peace with the world, i arrived home in Bromley around six thirty p.m.

Lately i have been frequenting the British Legion at Parsons Green pre. match but decided Sunday to go to the Lion for a change. I sit in the Hammy and most half times i go to the side of the Riverside to see other people, one of the things i hate about all seaters is the restrictions on movement, that`s progress for you.

I treated myself to a crappy expensive lager and like most fans was well pleased with the better performence and thinking we could actually win the game.

I will not dwell on the game as you will know by now, but like everbody else i went home delirious and very hopeful of a possible sixties style escape.I actually went straight home after and not for a drink, i had a major op. in May and have to watch my ale intake and funny enough like Jimmy, i was buzzing and just wanted to get home and rant to my family and settle in to match of the day, something that had been becoming a chore instead of a pleasure, as i have written elsewhere, the fun has returned again, may it continue and long live Roy.

Hope i havn`t made you too home sick, Iv`e done lots of travelling and know how a bit of news can make a difference.

best wishes,

Martin, the veg.

(I`m an allotment grower).

{PF mod note: edited as I sometimes do for brilliant posts by those who spell every word correctly but can't get the hang of the 'enter' key for paragraphs.

Looks like we have competition for the WhiteWitch genre!}

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Parsons green my old patch lived in Walham Grove...LOL

And played my football in Ravensbourne, you brought back too many memories you allotment Grower you?

weather torn Tenessee now for my sins

3. martintheveg

martintheveg New Member

me!

Thanks for the kind words folks.
    I`m very fond and proud of our English language and take great care with writing it, English, history and geography were all i was interested in at school. Unfortunately i was an immature teenager and being the sixties too it was probably inevitable that i would f**k up and end up inside.
    I haven`t got a clue how to make the paragraphs here but i`m hoping that my odd posts will help exiled FFC fans to forget that they no longer live close to our beloved Cottage. Having said that, as a seasoned (off the beaten track) traveller i have already stated that i know what it is like to sometimes feel isolated.
    You wouldn`t even want to hear of my time in an Israeli dungeon years ago, suffice to say i learnt to sleep with one eye open and how to count in Arabic in no time !.
    Anyway i will try and post a bit for you folks, i have just now purchased train tickets for Derby and i will hopefully go to Reading and maybe Newcastle.
    I don`t have a lot of dosh these days but i always go to home games, there`s no way i would pay for my season ticket and not attend, i`m too skint to throw money away.
    By the way, my wife treated me to a show up the West end last night and i wouldn`t be surprised if some of you have seen the show in the States.
    I will leave you all guessing what we went to see,
    but i will say` neeh ` to you ........

4. Martin-in-Nashville

RE: me!

Unfortunately, for you anyway there's not that many ex-pats on here mainly Americans so your be wasting a lot of time hoping someones going to guess?....

5. DCDave

DCDave Member

Spamalot?

6. Martin-in-Nashville

That's coming to Nashville soon you might just be right Dave

7. martintheveg

martintheveg New Member

Re: RE: me!

Hey, slow down Martin, i wasn`t looking for anything or anybody here, just being friendly,
    you think i`m wasting my time introducing myself to this board ?.

8. martintheveg

martintheveg New Member

Re: RE: me!

Yeah, nice guessing there Dave, I haven`t had much contact with Americans over the years, some of course but i couldn`t honestly say " i know Americans" because i don`t, i have a couple of stories involving them though through my travels, how could i not.
    Anyway i`m glad you knew what i was talking about, i`d like to think that my beloved Pythons are just as loved as my beloved Fulham over there, and the show was opened there first.
    Fantastic musical by the way and a great de-stresser for todays hectic way of life.
    Let`s get back to the football!.

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: me!

Welcome, veg!

My Monty Python is spotty at best, but do enjoy watching it on the off chance, and The Young Ones. Other than that, no clue what you are going on about.