Tickets to a Fulham game

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by MartinDenmark, Sep 22, 2005.

1. MartinDenmark

MartinDenmark New Member

Hello, I am from Denmark and were wondering if any of you guys,
    knew how to get tickets for at Fulham game if you are like me, an oversea fan.
    I am not a member of the club or anything like that, but are travelling to London in october, and Fulham plays Liverpool the 22nd.

I would appreciate some help.

Regards

Martin from Denmark

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Martin,
    Welcome to FulhamUSA!! We will do our best to help you secure a ticket to this match. The problem is that the bigger matches like this one and the upcoming Manchester United fixture bring about some different rules in terms of buying tickets.

I would tell you to call the club and see what they say. Explain to them your situation that you are from Denmark and would like to come see the Cottagers play. They might be able to secure a ticket for you.

There are some others on here who might have some more suggestions for you regarding this matter.

3. DelcoDave

DelcoDave New Member

I've found securing tickets to the Cottage from abroad is no easy matter, especially for matches with the the big clubs. I'm visiting London with the Mrs. next week and tried to secure tickets to the ManU match starting in July. The ticket office almost laughed at me. Some members of FUSA tried to help, but to no avail. In order to see a match while there I used my London connections with other clubs and will be travelling with another club to their match. shame on you, Fulham, but I will still root for your success this season. [/b]

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Granted it is still tough to get to a Fulham match when the big clubs play, Fulham's ticket policy to foreign fans has been getting much better. The issue with the Manure match for this season was Fulham gave so called foreign fulham fans tickets to the match last year and a few incidents went down in the stands.

Now if we were playing West Brom, it would be a different story!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What you must understand is that Craven Cottage is a very small stadium by Premiership standards. Thus, when a club like Manchester United comes to play, tickets are always snapped up relatively quickly. In addition, tickets sales are much different there than here.

In the States, tickets go on sale to the general public for all games at the same time. In England, tickets do not go on sale at all to the general public for some games. One of which is Manchester United. With hooliganism and violence a part of past problems, the FA and other clubs around England had to tighten things up in terms of segregating fans. Unfortunately, sometimes other clubs work fans work their way into the home side or vice versa.

Here at FulhamUSA we will always try to help people get tickets, but we cannot guarantee we will be able to all the time.