Tickets for Fulham (A) games - an unfair system!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by fulhamray, Aug 4, 2006.

1. fulhamray

fulhamray New Member

I thought that some of you may be interested in this exchange of emails about tickets. I was complaining that when I visit the UK, I try to see a match but if the match on at that time is a so called A game, I have to buy tickets for that and another game that I will very likely not be able to see.
    You will see that I did not get anywhere (apart from restricted view seats (who wants that?) but if others are annoyed by this rule for us expats and US fans, perhaps Fulham USA could do something.
    Here is the exchange, reads from bottom to top.

" Rachel Pallant wrote:

>Dear Ray,
    >
    >Thank you for your further email.
    >
    >I understand that you are disappointed with the constraints this season to Fulham members purchasing A+ game tickets, however, the Club is currently working hard to try to maximize the number of supporters attending home games, and whilst we sell out the A+/A games we continue to find it difficult to sell out the less popular category B & C matches. Therefore a decision was made to try to encourage fans to attend the lower grade games by creating bundle rules. We currently have a number of members who cherry pick games and this was to try to encourage supporters to commit to other matches; it is a policy adopted by a number of other clubs and is something we have decided to trial. We have tried to make it flexible by bundling a number of different C grade games in to the package and have also made C grade prices competitive with kid's tickets costing only £5.
    >
    >The ticket strategy at the Club is to reward those supporters who show the most commitment, this is reflected in priority levels and sometimes ticket pricing. I am sorry if you are disappointed, however I hope you understand the reasons for the decision.
    >
    >If you were a member last season you will need to renew your membership by calling the membership line on 0870 442 1221, or online at fulhamfc.com. You can purchase a restricted view seat for an A+ game as a member and will be exempt from the bundle rule, as we appreciate that you are traveling a considerable distance. This is only the case with restrictive view seats for A+ games.
    >
    >If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >
    >Rachel Pallant
    >Supporter Relations Representative
    >>fulhamfc.com
    >
    >
    >-----Original Message-----
    >
    >Sent: 19 July 2006 15:29
    >To: Rachel Pallant
    >Subject: Re: FW: Tickets for us expats living abroad!
    >
    >Dear Rachel.
    >You seem to have missed my point.
    >I know your policy and I am suggesting that it is unreasonable for us
    >ex-pats. Who should I contact about this to express my point of view?
    >By the way, I am a member but never received my card or information
    >about membership, is it automatically renewed or must I join every year?
    >Thanks for your help so far.
    >Ray
    >
    >Rachel Pallant wrote:
    >
    >>Dear Ray,
    >>
    >>Thank you for your email.
    >>
    >>Our Ticket Policy for the A+ games is the same as last season. Please
    >>see our FAQ page for details of how to purchase tickets for all graded
    >>games;
    >>
    >>http://www.fulhamfc.com/Football_FAQ_94157_17.html
    >>
    >>If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
    >>
    >>Kind Regards,
    >>
    >>Rachel Pallant
    >>Supporter Relations Representative
    >>>>fulhamfc.com
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>Sent: 17 July 2006 20:10
    >>To: Enquiries
    >>Subject: Tickets for us expats living abroad!
    >>
    >>Hi.
    >>I have been a Fulham fan since the 60s and used to attend all home games
    >>
    >>when I lived in London.
    >>I now live in the USA. My question relates to ticket purchase.
    >>I occasionally get over to London on business trips, when I do, I try to
    >>
    >>find a Fulham home game to try to visit. Last season the only game that
    >>I could be in town for was a top club game, however, FFC said that I
    >>needed to purchase tickets for 2 games. This would not work for me as
    >>there is no way that I could ever attend the second game as I would be
    >>back in the USA.
    >>What are my options for buying tickets at any time and do I need to buy
    >>tickets for 2 games?
    >>Thanks
    >>Ray
    >

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Ray,
    I understand your concern and for those of us outside the UK it is a really tough predicament the club puts us in when trying to get tickets. I can understand using this "bundle" policy for those in the UK, but for those of us here in the States it is not logical.

Mike and I have slowly been trying to work with the club about things such as this. We are trying to form an "official" connection with the club where FulhamUSA members could get tickets to such games without having to purchase another match ticket(s).

Unfortunately, this is a slow process and nothing has been done. I can assure you Ray that Mike and I are trying our best to make something like this happen.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Ray,
    I have spoken to other FFC fans from around the world and they all have the same experience. Fulham is very tight on this issue and isn't backing down from the bundle rule, which is unfortunate for exiled fans. I have suggested to them that they exempt the exiles from it because it isn't feasible.

My suggestion to you for next time is email me @ mike@fulhamusa.com and let me know when you'll be in town and what game you want to go to. I'm a Season ticket holder and will be happy to purchase tickets on your behalf.