Thread? What thread?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoFan, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Nothing to see here . . . please move along. :wink: :lol:

* There doesn't seem to be a self-delete option, so this will have to do.

2. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

RE: FFC should know its name/logo used for right-wing agenda

Brother, get a life and 'pipe it'. If he was pushing a left wing agenda, which I am sure you would agree with his point of view then, would you do the same? I doubt it and don't even try convince anyone that you wouldn't.

If you don't like what he posts, read the other threads, it is easy, democratic, and not akin to book burning which is what you are suggesting. I have lost my patience with guys like you and not concerned about what you think of my post.

Your own freakin' signature is pushing a left wing agenda. Funny huh?

3. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

You have completely missed the point. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not the one banning people and deleting posts.

I have ZERO problem with petty posting his right-wing agenda -- I do, however, have a MAJOR problem with him using a FULHAM board to post his right-wing agenda, while at the same time deleting threads and trying to ban posters merely because he disagrees politically. See the difference? Petty can post whatever he wants politically. But when he is using his power as moderator to DELETE posts and threads merely because he disagrees with them, then he has crossed the line.

I didn't start this. I violated no forum rules. I was joking and laughing. I was merely trying to post counterpoints to Petty's conservative agenda. And for that, without violating any forum rules, Petty deletes my posts and threatens to ban me.

I didn't start this. But I will surely finish it if petty doesn't stop the nonsense.

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Apparently you don't read so well. If you read this site, Petty is outnumbered about 20-1 in people that disagree with his political views and they all are very vocal, and you can find their posts all over the site. Some of the post are personal and not so complimentary to his intelligence.

So, what the hell? My impression is you're being a whiner. Be a big man and pull the trigger.

5. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

LOL -- yes, that's right. :roll:

20-1, huh? So, given that Petty's posts outnumber everyone else's about 99:1, does that mean Petty has banned all those people and deleted their posts, too? :lol:

But thank you for your thoughts. I can rest easy now knowing what you think of me. :roll: :lol:

Seriously, perhaps you can answer, since petty won't -- what is it with the apparent need for right-wingers to act like tough guys on the internet? Disagree with something? DELETE IT! Don't like someone's views? BAN THEM! They persist in their view? INSULT THEM! Yeah, that's some lovely discourse you guys favor. :roll: :lol:

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I don't recall anyone who has been banned from this board at all by Pettyfog and posts were deleted then he probably had very good reason.

You may not like what Petty has to say but he does develop debate here which almost always stays within the confines of 'friendly banter' and not to be taken personally. I'll have an offline discussion with him and other mods.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While we may not all agree with each other and in particular Pettyfog on this board, that is no reason to tear down and get this board and site in trouble with the club. The fact remains that Petty has been a solid contributor and moderator on this board. I do not recall him deleting posts or members for disagreeing with his points on politics.

As one of the founders of FUSA, I would ask all involved to abstain from getting the club involved in this. It would really hurt our cause and all we have worked for over the past 3.5 years. I know we all do not get along and disagree, but it is important that we keep any such matters in house. The last thing we need is a problem with the club.

So, while I respect all points of view with regards to politics and Fulham please understand that any letters to the club will not just hurt Pettyfog, but it will hurt all of us and there are many that enjoy this board and this site and we want to keep it up and running without any issues.

Thanks!
    Tom

8. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Hey, I have no problem with having whatever political discussions Petty wants to have, and he's free to moderate the threads according to the rules. What pisses me off is Petty unilaterally deciding to delete posts and threads, and threatening banning, merely because he disagrees politically with the subject matter.

As most of you know, I've been a Fulham fan for almost 20 years, and have been posting on this board basically since the day it opened. I have never broken any forum rules. I have never posted personal attacks at any poster. In fact, I have never had any problem with ANYONE on this board at all until Petty decided to run the politics forum as his own little right-wing fiefdom. I didn't join a Fulham message board to be bombarded with his Limbaugh-esque nonsense 24/7 while he deletes anything that challenges him.

So there was and will be no problem at all, as long as Petty stops acting like a right-wing dictator. Simple enough?

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I guess I do not recall Petty deleting posts and posters because of opposing political viewpoints. I will have a talk with him about this to get his side of the story and we can all move on peacefully from this thread and move FUSA forward from this.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You've made your point, dude, about 30 times. Your message has been received and processed. Let it rest.

Are you going to react like this EVERY TIME we beat a top four side? Chill.

11. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Just responding to Tom's post, Hatter. No worries. Sorry for the rant. I will step back for a good long while.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

You've heard of PM, yeah? Much more effective than the tact you've chosen....and you don't alienate most everyone else in the process.

13. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

You're right - petty should keep his right-wing propaganda machine confined to PMs. Good call. Excellent post. :roll: :lol:

But, seriously, I see your point. We must be very sensitive toward conservatives: Shhhhhhhh . . . we mustn't upset the right-wingers. Shhhhhhhh. Let them spew their garbage on a FOOTBALL site 24/7, but any dissent must be made quietly by PM. Shhhhhhhh. Mums the word. :roll: :lol:

14. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I most certainly hope cooler minds will prevail in this case.

The Godfather and Tom have heard the criticism and I trust it will be handled. Getting back to football...

15. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

When it becomes clear that petty will cease running these boards with Karl Rove's playbook, then I'll be the first to delete this thread myself.

16. andyns

andyns New Member

Debating on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Wow, political correctness be damned.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

ChicagoFan: nice "stepping back for a while."

19. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Yeah, good point . . . shhhhhhhh . . . we mustn't rock the boat in petty's little Rovian fiefdom with any actual political discourse . . . shhhhhhhhh . . . we must all be compliant little Rush-bots . . . shhhhhhhh . . . mustn't upset any delicate conservative sensibilities . . .

So, let's see . . . apparently the rules are:

1. Question the GOP's use of campaign tactics which serve as a deliberate dog-whistle to racism and xenophobia = get deleted and banned;

2. Question the shameless hypocrisy and lack of judgment of sending Cindy McCain to assess the situation in Georgia = get deleted and banned;

3. Call other posters "dumbf--k" = okay as long as you spout the GOP party line;

4. Post every deliberate lie and racist garbage with which the GOP tries to smear Obama = okay;

5. Challenge those deliberate lies and racist garbage = get deleted and banned.

Does that about sum it up?

20. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Who, me? :wink: :lol: Why, I am as pure as the driven snow. :lol:

Hey, every time I try to get out, they pull me back in . . . :lol:

Seriously, though, I deleted my own post above, just to step back from the abyss. Call it a show of good faith. :wink: