Thoughts on Sanchez

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Man... I support this guy. Hope he does well and brings glory to Fulham.

... BUT my analysis of him from watching post game interviews and how he's looked on the sideline is that he's going to fail. He just doesn't seem that smart or with it. Coleman seemed to know what he was talking about. That Billy Davies guy at Derby is smart. Not so sure about Sanchez. He obviously did something right at Northern Ireland though.

I won't ever be against Sanchez, but my gut feeling is that he isn't a first rate manager.

Thoughts?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As I have written and posted, I am NOT that thrilled with the appointment of Lawrie Sanchez. I think he lacks experience managing in the pressure cooker of the Premiership, he lacks experience in dealing the transfer market which is vitally important, and I am not too sure he is tactically sound. I do like what seems to be his no-nonsense approach to the players.

Despite the above, I am going to give Sanchez a chance and I am NOT going to cast dispersions of his managerial skills until I see how things shake out this summer in recruiting some new players and how the team performs on the pitch next season.

I hope he proves me wrong, but for all intents and purposes I am with you Lyle....I think he will have a hard time at Fulham.

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Re: RE: Thoughts on Sanchez

I agree. Maybe he just gives bad post game interviews or was just nervous. He just didn't seem to know what he was talking about.. or much less so than some of the other Premiership managers. And you could tell he hadn't gotten the attention of the players with the way they were coming off the pitch whenever they were taken off... like when McBride came off during the Liverpool game. He hadn't figured out that McBride has the biggest heart on the team.

A few victories and the respect of his players will impress though... if he can manage that.

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

RE: Re: RE: Thoughts on Sanchez

Sanchez was a player of limited ability who played with his head, I think that he will be tactically more sound than Coleman - but the biggest difference will be the change in coaching staff, we now have a genuine player in Les rather than a former coach driver. He has more expereience than cookie when Coleman was given the job.

I reserve the right to judge, but am going to remain optemistic about what Sanchez will achieve.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member