Those who can't watch matches for one reason or another

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by DawgTheDon, Apr 2, 2009.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I stumbled across this site a couple of weeks ago and really glad I did. Has anyone heard of http://www.veetle.com ? You do have to download a quick plug in or something, but its safe. Usually they offer Fox Soccer Channel & Setanta Sports, which are the two channels we need to watch Fulham (Gol TV is usually available as well).

The video quality is usually amazing and the sound quality is..well..so/so for me but others say it works really well. On match days, you may want to start streaming like an hour before the match for best quality as the site gets many viewers.

I dunno, just something I wanted to throw out there since so many people in the chat room usually start their conversations with "Is anyone streaming the game?"

The service works for me. Oh yeah...here are what the channels are called (translations if you will)

Love of the Game Channel- Fox Soccer Channel

Setanta-Setanta Sports (they should try to hide that better)

La Liga Channel- Gol TV

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Most of you know about Justin{dot}tv

In fact a lot of people do.. so sometimes the feed gets dropped 'by request or threat', I assume. Still if it's working it usually is pretty good. Dont expect Eng language commentary, though.

3. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Sorry about posting this in the wrong section pettyfog. Yeah, I have used Justin.tv. Veetle's quality is better, however, if too many people log on, the stream lags. I don't get that quite as much with Justin.tv.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah, even Mr. 19th Century Luddite HatterDon has used Veetle. Aside from random weirdness -- like giving me only the last 25 minutes of the first half against Man Utd., it's good quality and good commentary.

5. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I've yet to have problem with the stream on video, but the sound on my computer is pretty choppy for some reason. I may need a sound card upgrade, however, no issue with sound on any other site I use.

For the time being, I have FSC & Setanta on my telly, so no big issues. After the EPL season, I'll probably drop FSC again until fall. Too much rugby on Setanta this summer for me to drop that service.

6. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Everyone also probably knows about www.iraqgoals.net. Not bad, cept they just use Justin.tv streams.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Holy crap! :shock: Great, now I have to clean the coffee off my computer....