THE WHITES v. The Bhoys

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Nevland seems to find the net quite often for as much playing time he has received compared to others on roster.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Fantastic result! Like krhimself, I hope to find some memorabilia floating around up for grabs.

Zamora really is a big dude. All of Fulham's goals looked quite quality.

Can't say I really fancy the Celtic yellow and green kits. They look like a wayward attempt to bring back the much better looking gold and dark green from 6 or 7 years back.

3. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

Nice goals - hope they can score like that during the real season.

Have to agree that the Hoops road unis were atrocious. Hope that isn't what we'll see all year - marketing guy should be canned.

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Quoted for truth.

And it's been designated the Hoops' away kit for the 08/09 season, so we'll indeed be stuck with that eyesore of a shirt.

Pretty impressive goals from the Cottagers, just need some more games under our belt as we move through the pre-season schedule.

5. sublicon

sublicon New Member

was this sarcasm? where was the celtic bias?

6. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

The first half, according to the BBC commentary, was all Fulham. Celtic were not in control of the match and the scoreline at the half flattered them.

Second half they had more of the run of play, after Fulham pulled their key players.

For a reporter to take that second half, especially in a friendly, and use it to describe the whole of the match is simply lazy.

7. Lyle

Lyle New Member

In Roy Hodgson's Sky News interview Roy suggests the exceptional goals were the difference. Although that Sky article was definitely a a Celtic-centric article.

The bottom line is Fulham is a nothing entity in England and Scotland. Papers will always focus on the big clubs because that is what sells papers. Celtic supporters, who out number Fulham supporters by a google, don't want to hear how their team got decimated by little ole, almost relegated Fulham.

8. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

It does end up being Fulhamish: dominate the first half when most of the front line players available from both clubs are starting, then read the articles about being dominated the next day.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

great through ball by Gera on Nevland's goal. That pass beat four hoopsters by my counting. It's appearing that if we can get Nevland the ball in attacking positions, he's gonna cause folks some problems.

Was that Zamora wearing #52? I've never seen an FFC squad number that high! :shock:

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Yes that was Zamora wearing #52.

11. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Only pre season of course, but that's an encouraging result. We didn't see too many finishes like Zamora's last season. Oh, and all Nevland does is score goals!!!
    Anyone hear how Pantsil looked?

12. BC

BC New Member

Great win but I tend to get overly enthusiastic about preseason matches, especially when we beat a good team like Celtic. Nonetheless, if we play like that most of the season, we're not going to be worrying about relegation! Glad to see Nevland doing well. I think he could be a real danger up front for us.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I wasn't sure Fulham would be able to turn in a performance like that with so many new faces, but they were brilliant. I have high hopes for Fulham this season and the strikers seem to be rounding out nicely. Zamora and Nevland look to be the favorites to feature in most matches. Johnson and Heally will provide unique attacking options with a terrific supporting midfield.

In my opinion, Zamora can wear whatever number he chooses if he continues to belt shots in the back of the net like that.

14. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I feel like that second goal should have had an Alan Partridge like "BOOF! EAT MY GOAL!" I mean, damn, that was a lovely drop of a shot.

15. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

anyone else notice how incredibly skinny gerais?