The Sarah Palin scandal thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 30, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

You know.. the idea of the thread was to put up all the scandal mongering being generated on Palin.
    WHY WOULD I DO THAT?!!! I like Palin, I think she's great.

To find out the truth... the PROVABLE truth and that means going beyond one paragraph or one sentence and getting to the facts beyond the facts. Which no one else here seems to care about.

Now we have ROVE saying '2nd largest city'... which he may have done, but having watched his analysis bits I doubt it's done with intention to deceive. I'd think even Barrow would be larger. And everything I've seen him contribute might have fit just as well on CNN.
    Now we have the charge that ROVE said the VA gov is less qualified.... where did that come from? It doesnt make sense for a politcal professional to say that, without any qualification.... in fact I seriously doubt he said it at all.

And what if I start quoting Susan Estrich as proof Fox is in the tank for the Dems? The NEW LOOK Susan Estrich, btw. tee-hee.

And I LIKE Susan Estrich.. but the POINT IS this has not a damn thing to do with Palin!
    - - -- - - -- - - -- -

So, in the spirit of the above statements, this is the issue being spread by Obama advocates:

Scandal: Palin gave the librarian a list of books she wanted banned, when the librarian objected, Palin tried to fire her.

-That is an outright lie and you cant prove it is not a lie.

You know WHY you cant ? Because every freaking time that shit is debunked it DISAPPEARS from the lefty blogs, or in this case the Obama site.

DISAPPEARS!!!!

Get that? Do I need to draw lines connecting dots?

In spirit of full disclosure, I could post the source of the scandal, what Palin actually DID and when she did it... but why should I do that? You guys dont give a fuck!

Look what happens when I post a nice piece on Obama!

That's why I AM NOT posting a thread on debunking Obama scandals. I tried once and it resulted in a flame war.
    I wish someone else would, like Don or Spencer... or anyone!

I will give more attention to the truth than you guys do here. I'll HELP you debunk them!

Do you get the idea... I'm getting REALLY FUCKING PISSED!

2. pettyfog

Palin didnt sell jet on Ebay!!!!

In the REAL world, this scandal article DEBUNKS ITSELF!

Except that the transaction WAS a public sale even if it was arranged through private means. It's all on record, that means it's public, you nitwits!

Only one part sticks: 'for a profit!'

I doubt it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor.

Saith one who drove by a church a couple times.
    8)

Astoundingly weak knowledge of scripture.

And evenMORE of that brand of pundit idiocy!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

posted that just before you drove yourself to church, I'm guessing. 8)

4. pettyfog

Do you have a view on the point, or just poking a stick in my eye. I've stated my 'lapsed churchgoer' status often enough.
    But I have read the book and the tropes a few times.

Here's my point... I could go THREE times a week and still be agnostic. I dont go and believe.
    That's no excuse, just pointing a fact and you all know some examples.

Pilate didnt kill Jesus, Jews didnt kill Jesus, 'WE' or 'Organized Religion', depending on your theology perspective, killed Jesus. As far as Jesus being a 'Community Organizer' he had a specific statement on that. Short Answer.. not really.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I do have a point, and here it is. The right likes to characterize liberals as, among other things, people who ridicule folks who go to church. The thing is that most of the liberals I know do, in fact, go to church. What interests me is how many times in the past few years this bit of libel/slander has been trotted out to taint me with that charge by conservative who, themselves, don't attend church regularly, while I do. So, yeah; since I know that you're a righty who doesn't attend while I'm a lefty who does, I thought I'd take a little dig at your use of that stereotype AGAIN.

What I do abhor, however, is the use of religion as a club to bash people with, or as a uniform to help identify the other. I was raised to believe that religion has no place in politics and vice-versa, and in my more than half-century of paying attention to both, I've only seen religion used in political discourse as a means to divide people into a "them or us" dichotomy. It really is the last refuge of a political philosophy that depends on fear and loathing of "the other" to keep supporters supporting. I look forward to McCain and Obama NOT using that particular club.

6. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Palin is captivating. And not just in that naughty teacher let your hair down way (as my wife said, "I want to see her with her hair down. Bet she looks like a stripper.")

BUT, but, what if she fits the description of one of those gals whose confidence inevitably betrays her. We all, or many, have known someone similar. Smart, intelligent, capable, but somehow always in the middle of chaos.

Chaos ain't what we need at this time. In fact, far from it.

7. pettyfog

So do I Don, so do I. But I report, you decide.

So... until we get some Opinion piece doing deep research on whether Sarah 'spake in tongues' at her previous church, here's a little PreEmptive Strike, as it were:

"What a life this rock has had.."

Keep your humor shirts on! If any of you are offended by my posting this video, I'm sorry.

Uh... on second thought, No I'm not!
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - -
    You're right PCB... if that person is phony, it always catches up.

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

That video is feckin' funny. Same guys that do Reno 9-1-1??

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

10. pettyfog

WaPo Head smear: Palin Billed State for Nights Spent at Home
    Taxpayers Also Funded Family's Travel

The usual obscurantist space-filler where anyone who reads the full article and researches the stuff finds there's nothing to it.

Or maybe it's actually a stealth puff piece FOR Palin.

Explaining.. 'per Diem'
    And HERE is an article that exposes everything that's WRONG with the Democrat Party; as well as why Sarah Palin is such a star:

The New Republic: Against Integrity

Which if you read it all, shows exactly why I have such contempt for the 'Educated Informed Elite'.
    - The funny {or NOT} thing is you dont even have to read WHAT he says, just HOW he says it! This is why I dont want this asshole and people like him, within arms-length of anyone running my country.

Willie Brown said it perfectly:She didn’t have to prove she was "of the people." She really is the people.

11. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

That's fantastic!!! If only her hairstyle was as current as Biden's or Ted Kennedy's, then we'd know we could trust her to be "up on current events". It's a good thing that hair-dressers are here to decipher these less obvious political signifiers for us.

No a personal note, I don't dislike her hair. It may not be the Victoria Beckham but it's definitely got that MIFL (or VILF, whichever you prefer) vibe to it. Hopefully that wasn't too crass ... :|

12. pettyfog

ALready been done... everywhere.

Yes it is, and you know how she would respond to that? Just smile and say nothing. And so would Todd.

13. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Yeah, I know those terms have been thrown around since nearly the moment of her nomination. I was really using them more as a credit to her appearance then anything else (although I understand they could be taken another way, hence the last comment which you quoted) ...
    To rephrase ... I think that her hairstyle lends itself to the image of attractive professional and mother.
    Better, I hope ...

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

The problem Don with libs and religion is that people my age (college/post college folk) do insult religion, predominately Christianity, a lot.

I would definitely believe things are different with your age group, but going through college as a liberal christian is probably one of the most difficult things one can do.

The right does use religion to divide people, then claim they don't. But from what I've seen the left, amongst my age, does it right back and acknowledges they are. And its just as bad.

15. pettyfog

I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue to disparage certain religious beliefs, an all sides. Mainly because they deserve it and it SHOULD be in the popular discourse.

- Creationism is one I'll hoot at, as used by fundamentalists.

- "What would Jesus do" is another.

- "Catholic Teaching" on contraception is another.

When I poke fun at those or criticize them, does that mean I dont respect those believers affected?
    No. It means I'm pointing out they are not doing the right thing in relation to society at large. Especially in light of credibilty presented.

16. pettyfog

And here's another:

Slate: I Dream About Sarah Palin. Do You?

Showing us, some of us, we're not alone. I, sadly, have not... or dont remember them.

- - - - -- - - - -
    Back on topic:
    WSJ: An Aide's Affair May Have Become Grounds for Firing

HEre's a tip for those who think it isnt fair, folks.

When you work for the CEO, your job is to make them look good. Anything you do which makes them look like they dont know what's going on makes them look bad.

And it doesnt work both directions! If she hides some juicy fact about herself, like being pregnant, or Bristol being pregnant, that's her prerogative.
    Because it reflects on her, alone. If you hide you're having an affair with her friend from her that makes her look bad.

You dont get the same choices. That's reality. And the way it has to be.

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Here is the lastest email that I've received from my lobotomized lefty friends;

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo, in the 1990s, we got a lot of these from "friends of friends" who lived in Arkansas and REALLY knew what the Clintons are like. The template is almost identical. Just put in new names and locations and start off again. It's almost like the "promised land" political joke that began in FDR's first term and that I saw updated for every president up to and including Clinton. (I guess making the joke about GWB might embolden the terrorists so it was supressed.)

What you have to worry about is NOT whether the people who midlessly forward these things are lobomized lefties or Bushwhacked righties, but that (a) they were persuaded enough by the content to forward them and (b) they thought you would be equally as idiotic.

My former physical therapist, who cares nothing about anything in this world but making people healthier, periodically forwards these screamingly racist anti-immigrant diatribes to all her clients, former clients and friends. I call her on it when it happens, reminding her that more than half her clients are Latinos, and she replies, "oh, I don't know anything about politics. I just saw that it said it was something all good Americans should know." I suppose I'd get pissed at her and tell her to take me off her mailing list, but she also forwards our gig alerts to all her clients, soooooo. 8)

About 20 years ago I said that the one true fact about using a home computer as a reference tool was that it allowed you to find the wrong answer at warp speed. Now, I say that the Internet allows you to view at home all the slime and sludge that you'd happily tiptoe past if you saw it on the street.

Oh, by the way, do you think I'm lobotomized? :shock:

19. pettyfog

Perhaps, you can get the Bryn Mawr grad's email addy so you can ask her to assist in making your more important life decisions... her being so much more educated and informed and all. I mean you DO live in Cleveland!

Is that broad in Alaska on a missionary hiatus or what? Where does she find someone to talk to in that redneck haven secessionist* state? Hang around an Anchorage Starbucks all day?

And last, Mo.. why dont you see if you can sign up on hillaryclintonforum{dot}netand share that email with some of the people on there. Perhaps it will change their minds. heh.

*BTW: you ALL should spend an hour or so reading on the akip site, disregard the typo/spell errors and read the meat. They wont seem so off-the wall.
    You might THINK they are an 'equally treated' state, now. Let me know if you still feel the same after reading the issues.

- - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - -

Finally... What we've ALL been waiting for .. APalin Photoshop Collection! All pretty good, technically, and some REALLY funny!

[​IMG]

I recommend sending the link to these, along with a scrape of the Bryn Mawr babe's email, to every Democrat you know... especially Hillary supporters.

20. pettyfog

"Track Palin vandalized Schoolbuses" and that's why he joined the Army

- you probably dont know about that unless you read moonbat blogs or Enquirer upcoming investigations.
    Or.. maybe rabid bat Olbermann brought it up?

Well, actually .. no. Unless you believe the NY Daily News is in the tank for McCain
    And you'd rather take the word of 'anonymous source' against that of the guys who actually did it.

I wonder if the DNC sent THIRTY Lawyers/investigators to vet Obama? My guess - they are going to end up wishing they had.

Also my guess the DNC had better hope they have something on every one of those democrats on the Troopergate investigation panel.
    Palinmania is big in Alaska right now and you get a lot of voter cred by blowing the whistle on your own party.