The Sarah Palin scandal thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thank you Don. It's about time. Hot, attractive, nude photos? Where was this talk with Obama, Edwards, or Romney? I'm sure plenty of people think they're hot. Why did no one say anything . . . because it should be irrelevant. Maybe we need more gay guys in main stream media ( would make a good Sat. Night Live skit or Michael Palin in drag routine). Seriously, though, if guys on a message board want to talk about how hot Palin is then have at it, but I have yet to hear anyone in the main stream media describe her without at least including "attractive" next to other adjectives meant to outline her selection qualifications. Biden described Obama in such a way and it essentially cost him his bid for Dem nominee. Where is the PC police where Palin is concerned?

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Barney Frank: Palin's Girls fair game

Tell me if I'm looking at this wrong... didnt Obama make a comment on pro-choice about a month ago, using his daughter as an example?

PAraphrased: "While I hope she {his daughter} never has to make the decision, there exists the possibility that she might make a mistake in judgement.. and I dont want her punished for that mistake."

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and it was also Obama who said that families should be kept out of this campaign.

I AGREE. And toward that end, until I see something election-related on this site that deals with substance, I'm boycotting every thread you begin dealing with the November contest.

Substance, by the way, does NOT include what someone's minister may have once said, what someone's spouse wrote or didn't write in college, how young someone's spouse is, whether someone can remember how many homes he or she owns, or what someone's daughter may or may not have done sexually.

Fog, if you care to create threads dealing with contrasts in candidate positions on the war, health care, unemployment, budget deficits, alternative energy, national security, and taxation -- as well as contrasting views on the role of religion in public life, free expression, Roe v. Wade, capital punishment, and the like, I'll be happy to read it and, perhaps, contribute to it.

Contrarywise, if you're just going to contribute to the brain pollution generated by nutcases of all political persuasions who are LITERALLY out there in the blogosphere, I think I'll take a nice break.

Love,
    Senator Crankypants of Texas [I dont speak for my counterpart in Ohio]

4. pettyfog

Dear don... in case you didnt notice, this thread is the Sarah Palin Scandal thread.

The purpose is to deal with all the cowpies as they are picked up and thrown and give some of the readers, if they care, a headstart on determining the truthfulness of those rumors and innuendo.

I'm trying to keep it light and inject a little -such as I have- wit into it, but like it or not, it's in the public discussion arena.
    We can discuss REAL Issues on another thread or threads but like I say they dont go away if we ignore them and some of these rumors color the ACTUAL issues of debate.
    Also you might have noticed, there ARE actual issues.. or charges... addressed in here. Along with MY OPINIONS {which have been pretty damn right, so far} on where they will lead.

And I'm going to point out AGAIN that the Obama supporting bloggers have said they dont care if what they're throwing out there is true or not.. the idea is to plant doubt. Especially DEmocraticUnderground doesnt care who knows it.
    Kos, on the other hand merely deletes all diaries and comments once they're proven wrong. Interesting, huh. Or they ban anyone questioning why they post them in the first place.

The best thing to do is read and decide, idiot stuff as it is.
    I certainly DO think there should be dead-on issue threads. You're welcome to start as many as you wish. Hint.. hint... and I'll be gentle ;)

And on the Palins... I seriously doubt they or McCain expected such a storm. But this is less and less about the Palins as time goes on, instead it's about Sarah as a lightning rod for all that is wrong in political discourse. But having looked at them so far, and read about Sarah, dont you think they can take it and come out of it whole if anyone can?

Look.. maybe you dont realize the real possibility that the media is engaged in an implicit campaign, not against the Palins so much as against John McCain's judgement in selecting her in the first place. That's what this is really about.

Newt just pointed out a salient fact: How many reporters did it take to find out Todd got a DUI ticket 22 years ago and where did NYT put that news? Similarly when Barack admitted using coke about the same time, where did they report that?
    And how many NYT reporters are following up the release of the CAC papers, and what they tell us about Barack's relationship with Bill Ayers and where the money went, as well as who actually got it?

5. pettyfog

Note: While surfing to follow a lead to a salient question "Why does Barack Obama keep referring to Palin as a Mayor of..." I found something more interesting; Reflecting How the Palin Family Makes These Decisions

And it suggests, on very solid grounds, that Bristol herself probably made the decision for Sarah to accept the offer to run.
    Son Track had vetoed a run for Senate 06.. because he didnt want his privacy intruded on.
    Ironic because she would never have been picked as VP and no one much paid attn to him.
    Also: WaPo: How McCain decided on her

6. pettyfog

Further pointing out why ignoring this sh%tstorm would be a mistake. Here's an Atlantic Monthly report on the PERSONAL effect of Palin's pick.

ATlantic Monthly: Clive Crook.

Read him, fair balanced anecdote
    Then read the comments... note the puking up of the now standard memes of the press:
    The AIP is NOT about secession. It's a States Rights party
    - You know where THAT started? On Kos and HuffPo!

The 'Abuse of Power' thing is a. not new, b. NOTHING but a political revenge ploy.

AGAIN.. They lie about the facts and then they crow on the response to the lies
    - - - - - -- - - - - --

The DNC released an opposition research paper with Palins SS # on it.
    Supposedly they blacked out the last four numbers.
    Look at your papers referencing SS.
    - - - - -- - - -- -

Q: Who vetted Palin!
    A: Who vetted Biden?
    {crickets}
    A: Who vetted Obama?
    {chirp... chirp ... chirp}

heh....

- - - - -- - - - - - - - -- -
    You read it here, FIRST! {maybe}

She sat in congregation, two weeks ago, as a visiting 'Jews for Jesus' evangelist said god punishes Israel with terrorism because they havent converted... ANd she DIDNT WALK OUT!
    SO she MUST be a Zionist!

Again.. because those guys never preach in Lutheran or Episcopal churches, then...
    - - - - - -
    LA Times:
    Palin: average isn't good enough

Did you get that!!! Palin is average! Yep, her story's a dime a dozen.
    Translation: She didnt go to an Ivy league school and come up 'in the system'
    - - - --
    WaPo LIES about Palin social service cuts

WaPo HACK: Palin slashes Covenant house budget from 5 Mill to 3.9 Mill

- Plenty of reminder in there about Bristol, too. In case you been under a rock.

EXCEPT:
    Covenant House funds from state in 2006: 1.2Mill
    Didnt REALLY mean to lie, I'm sure. Just an oversight, I'm SURE.

7. pettyfog

8. pettyfog

OoopS! Thanks for reminding me:

Like Cheney before her, as Governor she held 'Secret talks on Energy!'

Wonder if that could be related to the AlCan Gas pipeline deal? Dunno... the libs didnt say. They just said 'Just Like Cheney!'

- - - - -- - - -- - - - -- - - - - -- - - - -- -
    [​IMG]

- 'effin' Redneck'? or REALLY nervous teen.

Caption Contest!!!! Shirt-tail:

9. pettyfog

Now it's an affair.
    Hard to keep up.
    - - - - -- - - - - - - - - --
    Breaking:Palin dodges hard questions on existence of Alaska

- - - - -- -
    Sarah Palin is a -gasp- CHRISTIAN!
    And she PRAYS.. and not only that...

Of course, the writer being a highly educated, informed and accomplished person of letters know that there is absolutely nothing 'messianic' about that prayer.
    IT is a simple prayer for the safety of our soldiers and that they are doing the right thing, according to God's plan. Not praying for God to make it his plan

But he knows he will make his point, nonetheless.
    Palin is JUST LIKE AchooMiniJihad!

Makes me want to rare up and 'smite' sump'n.
    - - - --

10. pettyfog

11. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

She is Pentacostal, no?

12. pettyfog

Yep... she is. Bingo!

Now we're past THAT... I snicker at the post just on TalkLeft: Pentecostal.. thus she is submissive to hubby and no where near 'feminist'.

MORE effing IGNORANCE. Where I live, there's far more women small business owners.. tough as nails, bitch on wheels, business owners.. in the pentecostals than in the major churches.
    They all wear their hair like that and you DO NOT want them to 'let their hair down', figuratively.

Palin fits right in. They must have some FASCINATING discussions on St Paul in those Sunday schools!

13. pettyfog

Ah..another one bites the dust!
    Yet to be resolved: 'Todd had an affair'

The press just cant help itself.. It will continue to read the Kos crap and talk about it, then it will write 'everyone's talking about...'

Sarah and her WIDELY disparate advocates: 'Bring it on!'

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

15. pettyfog

That's a good, interesting read! I can parse out some of it .. already have. But I'd be interested in the details of that 'Ban Books' thing.

One thing, though:
    - so... let me get this straight...

16. pettyfog

17. pettyfog

Spencer... did you read the back-story {on the creamery}?

Too bad she wasnt DFL, huh?

tee-hee.. just poking fun, but sometimes I wonder what it is Democrats want?

{added} You know, the more I think about that creamery deal... the more I wonder , EXACTLY WHAT is your point? Did you read ALL the info available on that issue? I read enough to know what was behind it, and thus my reference to the DFL view.

I told you about troopergate, where that's going -nowhere, and everyone in the media KNOWS IT- so what's the point in keeping on spitting up kool-aid?

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

One nice thing she did for Wasilla. She made it the 2nd largest city in Alaska -- according to Karl Rove. According to the 2000 census, however, Wasilla was actually #9 with one-sixth of the population of the real 2nd largest cityu. Who'd have thought that Rove would lie about something. I know he stopped lying just before he said how qualified she was. :lol:

Despite hearing that she was mayor of a town of 11,000 and of 8,000, as of the 2000 census, Wasilla's population was 5469! My little city -- surrounded by San Antonio as it is -- has a population about 1/3 larger than that. Since I've lived here we've had two female mayors. One was a high-powered reformer who shook up a well-entrenched old-boy network, cleared out some outmoded ideas, revitalized our emergency action plan [and a good thing, too. During the 1998 flood we were actually able to help people from other cities including the big one!]. The other mayor -- still in business -- has a lot less color but IS kinda cute.

Even though both have served in a city much larger than Wasilla -- STRANGELY, no political party has seen fit to sound them out for a place on the ticket. Not even Kinky Friedman asked either of them to run for Lt. Governor last year. Just not close enough to Russia, I guess.

Or, and here's a chance for some rare truth, maybe the Republicans can just come clean and admit that they went for Palin for her youth, her communications skills, and did so in a naked attempt to attract disaffected female Hillary-ites [guess they figured the PUMAs would go for the woman even if she is anti-abortion, against sex-ed, and against increased medical care]. We've had VP candidates with less reason for being on the ballot than that.

One last thing about qualifications. She's smart; she learns quick; she's dynamic; she has palpable leadership skills. Sure, she only had a little time as mayor of a city whose population could fill the Metrodome 10 times over, and a year or so as governor of Alaska, but she -- like Obama -- are clearly more qualified in terms of experience, knowledge, intelligence, courage, and focus, than the person who's been sitting there for the last 7.75 years.

19. pettyfog

Something for everyone, there, Don

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Strangely, according to Karl Rove the former mayor of the capital of Virginia and current governor of Virginia is altogether unqualified to be Vice President, while the former mayor of the second [sic] largest city in Alaska and current governor of Alaska is a wonderful, brilliant choice.

By the way, there are about 250 cities and towns in New Jersey ALONE with more people than Wasilla.

Maybe Rove isn't a big fan of Kaine because he didn't try to have books removed from the local public library while he was mayor.

Nobody ACTUALLY still believes Fox News is impartial, do they?