The End of the U.S. in 2010

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Bradical, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Bradical

Bradical Member

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

What BS.

While I dont think it's out of the question that we could have serious problems in 2010 due to the factors he sites, we would be the last country on earth to split "along ethnic lines". Except for those countries who have no ethic lines.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

:lol:

:roll:

What Mo sys is correct. This country is unique among all the world in that with all of the different ethnicities, there is one overall thread -- we are all American. Sure it isn't seamless, but it is done a lot better than any other country in the world. That is a concept mister Kay Gee Bee in Moscow apparently cannot grasp. They can't even integrate Georgians and Ukranians into Russian society. A day in NYC would probably make his head explode.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The U.S. will end in the period between my learing that I've got the winning numbers in Texas LOTTO and actually collecting the money.

I know this because the U.S. is part of the world.

5. Bradical

Bradical Member

By the way, I put the article out there not because I endorse it, agree with it, want it to happen, etc... I know I've probably posted some statements here that have bent people the wrong way, but I am a firm believer in actively and regularly taking the temperature of alternate views, theories, philosophies, and on down the line.

In this case I found it mildly fascinating that a pretty well respected and intelligent academic and author (especially on the subject on information wars - insert irony here) would make this sort of prediction; a guy who, give him credit, did predict a decade ago that the US would be economically where it is today.

6. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Bradical, thanks for posting it and glad to see you peruse the Journal (my favorite paper), least I know you do try to broaden your perspective. I respect that alot.

I read this a few weeks ago and my reaction is this, he is sort of right but doesn't understand the U.S. fully. It would be easy to predict we would have an economic downturn in 1998 because we were on the cusp of the tech bubble which, if you are truly realistic, you knew was unrealistic and if you study are society enough, we current Americans have distorted relationship with money and how we view it (not everyone for God's sake but generally) even in 1998 credit was easy getting easy to get. So, what he doesn't understand is we recover because of we are a resilient nation. He doesn't fully understand that part because he has NEVER really experienced it so his perspective is somewhat limited. The racial thing is poppycock and probably a propaganda insertion by Putin and his KGB brethren. If not it is another indication he doesn't have a fully developed perspective on the US.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bradical, I enjoyed the post, thanks. It was a very interesting read. My opinion is just my opinion, and I totally agree with regularly looking at alternative views and philosophies. The thing I find amazing about "this russian" is his prediction that this would happen in 2010. It sounds as if he was saying this before the banking meltdown. That's pretty bold (although I think most people knew something had to give) and we could be in serious dog doo doo by 2010. I just dont think there will be a civil war along ethnic lines.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Funny you should mention this. Being a black man in Russia is not a road I would like to hoe. I can't find any links, but when the NHL was on strike a few years ago, Fred Brathwaite, a backup 'keeper for Calgary and Columbus, who is black, had a few really nasty experiences there when he went to play in Russia. It goes beyond this instance, this old KGB guy does not have a frame of reference to be able to understand living with people who are different than him.

I remember when the Soviets stayed home for the 1984 Olympics in L.A., they sent out some propaganda to black athletes of all nations that they said came from the Ku_Klux Klan. Which was interesting, because that organization has never hyphenated their name. It got traced back to the KGB. Nice. Here is a citation -- http://intellit.muskingum.edu/russia_fo ... casey.html -- about halfway down is the reference to the Olympics.