The Donovan Derby

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 27, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, now .. LD has hit the media jackpot. Not only are lots of Prem clubs sniffing after him.. including not just Everton.. but Man City {shudder}.

And I suppose there will be a 'bidding war'. With some brit fans saying {sour grapes} 'He aint worf it' and others assuming he will come if the price is right.

Look.. other than an occasional lapse in trouser snake control, LD is a smart guy.
    He will go where he wants to go, money NOT being the decisive object.

I understand Brit fans not getting that.. but MLS fans?!!! How many freakin times you gotta see it! USUALLY you bitch about it.. but it cannot be denied. MLS gives high profile stars what they want.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Apparently he also has an English kid to now raise. So the tabloid's are saying.

3. pettyfog

Cant get nothing past you guys...
    8)

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you know, if Landon had talked to any GI stationed in England at any time since 1942, ... .

5. pettyfog

Ah.. I got a 'War Story' on that.. circa 1962, layover at RAF Northholt.
    Stereotypical Yank cigarette barter plot.
    - I was a stingy, short-sighted jerk, crewmate wasnt. Enuff said

6. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

PF wake up mate it's about the money in any sport nowadays what dont you get?

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I still only see him going to Everton or staying put with the better odds on his staying in LA.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Read that Ronaldinho may go to the Galaxy. If true then maybe that's a sign Dovovan is off to the EPL. Please no Man City.

9. pettyfog

A little late on this:

Scraped from the Gals forum, Donovan post WC Promo tour:
    http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2010/06/landon-donovan-national-tv-week
    Youtube: LD on Letterman

As usual, Kelly is far more knowledgable on the sport than Regis:

R: "I understand this is your 3rd world cup, so you played then for another country?"

K: "No.. you have to play for one country."

She has obviously watched as she brought up the disallowed ENG goal about the officiating.

Education {Notre Dame} vs intelligence {HS} heh.... ;)

Although I'm sure Regis could name every starting QB and Head coach since the start of the ND program. That's important, too.