THE Derby; SA Gathering

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by HatterDon, Apr 21, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, since nobody had the kindness to broadcast the Stoke match -- and me with no Saturday gig -- I thought I'd see how much interest there is in the local area for a Gathering here in the Alamo City to watch Fulham v. Chelsea on Saturday, May 2.

I know there's at least three FulhAmericans in the area -- FulhamAg and DUGOUT I'm looking at you -- and this might be a chance to meet others. I have it on good authority that the place to be on a Saturday morning for footie is The Lion and Rose on Broadway. So, who's up for "beer for breakfast" whilst wearing our colors. Speaking of which, I've seen several folks out and about sporting blue, so we need to represent.

Match time is 0900. Anybody in?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

ahoy DUGOUT; FulhamAg; Buehler? Buehler?

Is this a possibility?

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Didn't see the initial posting, sorry. Yeah, I'll be there. I'm contemplating going this w/e just to check it out since there won't be any Fulham feeds on the computer to tap into anyway.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

just a little bump.

Any local lurkers?

5. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Would love to make it Don But Infortunately I'll be at STAMFORD BRIDGE Cheering the boys to VICTORY!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

After seeing Steve's thread, it occurred to me to double check that the Alamo Heights L&R is open Saturday morning.

Yes, they are, at 0800. Matt and I will see you there!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, this was a little surprising, with 3 London clubs playing, and with the L&R staff assuring me that there'd be plenty of folks there ... however.

I got there about 20 til 9. There was one Gooner with an Irish accent and three bar staff. The Gooner said that there was an unofficial Chelsea club that came in to watch the Scum on a regular basis, but once FulhamAg got there 5 minutes later, THAT WAS ALL that showed.

Good beer, good company, crap result, and the entire bar to ourselves. We had two screens and alternated sound -- I wish I hadn't listened to Setanta's studio bunch. At least Matt's "every time I watch from the pub we draw" jinx has ended.

We'll try this again, probably next season, but I had hoped for a couple of stray Fulham folk to have dropped in. Not to be. Also, next time, I'll stop by and pick up some breakfast tacos. They don't serve food until almost 11!

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good try though Don. dont be like me.. keep trying.

Of course I even miss the Crew away match on tv tonight. SCHEDULED to be driving to Canton.