The Dempsey and Dembele to Spurs thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, May 10, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Re: The Dempsey a̶n̶d̶ ̶D̶e̶m̶b̶e̶l̶e̶ watch thread

Hopefully when it is all said and done Dempsey will come out with his side. He certainly has come out looking bad.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I just can't see Clint agreeing to move up to Sunderland, which I think Jol is referring to in his quote. The Adam + $$ for Demps seems almost too logical at this late stage.

3. ffcfan20

ffcfan20 New Member

Berbatov is having a medical at Fulham today with personal terms already agreed too. Fulham are in talks on personal terms with Richardson according to Jol's interview today on the the Club's web site.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

No way Clint accepts a deal with Sunderland I would think. He would have to end his career - I expect they'd want a long term contract - and that is not what he wants. I really hope he ends up at Arsenal. Read rumors that they requested scouting reports (? do they really have to do that) on one player - Clint Dempsey.

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I sincerely doubt he'd agree a deal to Sunderland without an easy out clause. However, I don't think it'll come to that. If it did though, I don't think the Wearsiders are as bad as some of you seem to think.

I'd put their defense in the bottom half (but not bottom 1/4) of Prem teams. But offensively, you've got Sessegnon, Cattermole, Gardner and Seb Larsson in midfield. Plus they've added Fletcher, Saha and Adam Johnson. Add Dempsey to that mix and there are a lot of goals in that side. Plus they have a good manager in Martin O'Neill. I could see them pushing for a top ten spot...about like us.

It's not ideal, but again, if you assume staying at Fulham is out of the question for whatever reason, it's not the end of the world as moves go. It certainly beats going to West Ham.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I can't see him staying either.

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

From BBC's live coverage of today's Europa matches (shortly after 1pm CT)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19425562

And yes, I've resigned myself to not getting jack done for the next 28 hrs or so and running up my post count in the process (too bad this didn't happen when I was stuck on Eddie Johnson status). :p

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Just had a :doh: moment. Finally noticed the line drawn through 'and Dembele' on the thread title..brilliant. I'm blaming :banana-stoner: my college days.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I had to have some fun with this transfer speculation day saga. Too bad it doesn't show up in all browsers.

Anyway, there's this rumor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... mpsey.html

There's also some rumors about Arsenal paying some cash and offering Arshavin for Dempsey. Not sure about that one.

Tomorrow is deadline day!!! :banana-dance: :banana-linedance:

10. OKStormknight

OKStormknight New Member

Money and Arsharvin would be a pipe dream at best. He'd not sign off on it, and is Fulham all of a sudden going to start playing 4-3-3 to utilize all of the Forwards/Wings they're rumored to be buying?

That'd be fun to watch if the goals came in, but the midfield would be brutalized by the top-6 clubs (And maybe a couple of the other Mid-Table ones.)

11. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

The best thing about the Dempsey watch is that for me it is over after I check the PC in the morning. After that I get in the car tomorrow to drive to Atlanta and by the time I arrive the window will be closed.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Head says he's a Red tomorrow after Carroll is flogged to West Ham. Gut feeling is he's a Gooner. Heart just wishes he'd stay...

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... s-undergo-

Aston Villa Bid accepted by Fulham....Liverpool are going to counter. (and of course Dempsey is holding out for Liverpool, so Ashton Villa have cooled their interest)

I hope everything gets resolved early today.

Adam is on his way to Stoke City...may free up some cash for Liverpool's offer.

14. ffcfan20

ffcfan20 New Member

From the BBC web site: "Clint Dempsey has turned down the chance to join Aston Villa despite Fulham accepting an offer for him.

The 29-year-old United States forward remains a target for Liverpool but that move remains on hold as Liverpool struggle to raise sufficient funds.

Sunderland are also keen on £7m-rated Dempsey, who has scored 50 goals for Fulham in 184 league appearances, but have yet to make an offer."

Not surprised he turned down Villa if he wants to move to a Champions League team or Liverpool.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It seems Ashton Villa have ended their interest...I suppose they can withdraw their bid?

Gamesmanship is going to go on today me thinks.

16. Clevelandmo

Glad he turned down Villa. Americans have a track record of just ending up on their bench and as a Clevelander I'm happy to see Randy Lerner spurned.

17. Clevelandmo

Charlie adam is leaving Liverpool for Stoke - Oh NOOOO. I will be sick if Dempsey goes to Liverpool. Come On Wenger. Dont you want someone who can score goals and show your youngsters how to put their noses to the grindstone?

18. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

From Sky Sports by Sky Bet: Punters are continuing to back Clint Dempsey at 4/7 to join Liverpool but another striker Klass Jan Hunterlaar is also being heavily backed at odds on to join the US international at Anfield. Check out the latest odds

19. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Re: Deadline Day potential Fulham moves

"Potters tie up Adam deal"

Frees up money for Dempsey. GO GO GO GO

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... sey-179976?