The Dark Knight...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Team_of_McBrides, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Please tell me that some of you have made it to the theatre to see this film.

It's not often that I get overly excited by summer blockbuster films, because they are often times overhyped disappointments. I was a bit skeptical going into the Dark Knight and wasn't sure if the film was receiving praise based on sympathy for Ledger's passing or the performance warranted the rave reviews. My friends and I got a few tickets and caught the flick and I am flabbergasted, yes flabbergasted by the film. It is easily, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest action/drama films of all time.

If you haven't seen it, take the time to do so this weekend. You won't be disappointed. Christopher Nolan's raw and brutal approach to the screenplay and directing of the film are second to none and with a stunning cast featuring Freeman, Bale, Ledger, Caine, Gyllenhaal, Eckhart and Oldman it would be difficult to bottle the film.

Anyways, I give the film a 9.5 out of 10. Amazing to the last minute.

Thoughts on the summer blockbuster? Let them fly...

2. sublicon

sublicon New Member

All the hype was well-deserved. Loved it.

3. SamStej

SamStej New Member

I thought it was really well done, if you haven't seen it definetly go.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

2nd all that. Great movie.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

wow! it was unreal. Ledger was an awesome Joker!

6. BC

BC New Member

Fantastic film. Ledger's performance was Oscar-worthy and very haunting to me. I think knowing that he had passed away recently made it even more so. For me, besides Ledger's performance, what made it so great was the fact that it explored some very complex issues and didn't end with a hollywood-superhero-wins ending. Very dark, very f***ing good.

7. Bradical

Bradical Member

Going to see it tonight on everyone's recommendation...

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I rolled my eyes when my sister came home from it amazed, but then I went and it was really good.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I agree with BC. The film explored some complex issues in the Batman saga. Wayne is coming to grips with his true identity as Batman, the moral dilemma he faces with his one rule, the hope of a face of hope to emerge in Gotham and Batman's ability to become whatever the people of Gotham need him to be; villain or hero.

Great film and I can't say it enough, Go See This Film.

10. Bradical

Bradical Member

Very good movie - my only issue was that it was a little long... But overall the best comic book movie out there. Ledger will get some serious Oscar consideration.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well.. okay, then. If everyone likes it I'll watch the DVD when it comes out. I lost interest in the Batman series the next one after Michael Keaton.

But seems to me it's gonna have to go a 'fur piece' to beat Spiderman 1 for enjoyability.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fucking brilliant movie. I loved it.