The Championship ‘22-‘23

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, May 18, 2023.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

The Cottagers are in store for trips to Turf Moor and Bramall Lane next season after Burnley and Sheffield United clinched automatic promotion. Of course Don’s Hatters, Luton Town, face Coventry City at Wembley a week from Saturday for the last PL spot.

nevzter and HatterDon like this.
  2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Close to an all US GK in the playoff final. Horvath will be between the pipes for the Hatters, while Boro’s Zach Steffen did the one thing that drives me insane..came out of the goal unnecessarily (had no chance to beat the guy to the ball), try to retreat and was in no man’s land for the winning goal for Coventry. His lack of goal awareness keeps him stuck behind Turner. Not all his fault since Boro couldn’t score in 180 minutes.

MicahMan likes this.
  3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Okay, this isn't The Championship, but I was too lazy to start a new thread.
    I had written off Sheffield Wednesday after they went down 4-0 in the first leg of their League One playoff against Peterborough, but then I saw this!

Still not as great as the Watford/Leicester playoff won by Troy Deeney, but still pretty darn good stuff.

Last edited: May 19, 2023