The best part of it all . . .

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoFan, May 11, 2008.

1. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

. . . is that I never doubted. :wink: :wink: :lol:

I was in a Starbucks in Oak Park with my laptop, and let out a "YESSSSSSSS!" at the goal and said "C'mon" about 100 times in the last 15 minutes -- I think several other customers now think of me as one of those crazy guys who talk to themselves. Which I am, of course. :wink:

Just beautiful!

2. cptneemo

cptneemo New Member

you're not alone ... i actually had to leave my computer for awhile ... betting that something good would happen only when i wasn't looking ... and it worked !! ... i might be a bit superstitious

thank god for a healthy Jimmy B ... the key to our survival

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I can claim no such thing -- after the Liverpool game and at the 65th minute in the Man City game I thought we were dee-you-enn.

4. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Steve: Note the wink after my statement. I was as anxious and pessimistic as a cat at dog show.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ya got me -- what a great day to be a Fulham fan!

6. Old_Bugger

Old_Bugger New Member

well done all,it's the positive vibes that did it

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Re: RE: The best part of it all . . .

Did the same. Great minds and all that. pip-pip.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

LOL...I have a similar story, only at my apartment. My fiance was in shower when he heard me yell, "YES!!!!" after the Murphy goal. He quickly turned the water off and asked what was wrong. I said, "Nothing, Fulham is winning!!!!" "Oh," he says and turns the water back on. The game was still going when he got out but was about to enter stoppage time. He kept asking me questions about what was going on while I was watching!! (Bad move, honey). I just kept rocking back in forth in my seat saying, "Blow the whistle!" Needless to say, he didn't stick around to the conclusion and just said, "I'm getting out of here." I guess he didn't want to see me if Portsmouth did score in the final minutes. :lol:

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Re: The best part of it all . . .

lol. I think we all had our moments like that today.

I had to be quiet since my girlfriend was on the phone with her mother when Murphy scored. That took a lot of willpower for me to not stand up and scream in our apartment.

But once it hit the 80th minute, I just sat there tapping myself on the face to make sure I didn't pass out and to see if I was dreaming or not.

10. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

I've been off the site (superstitiously) since a couple months ago, and have refused to get on-line during games in the last month. I knew I was jinxing the team.
    Does this mean I can't watch next year either? Damn....

Way to go guys. Glad to see them stay up.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

shinerbockguy, glad you are back. You can watch next year as long as they win. I cant believe it our team is still in the EPL!!!!!!!!!!!

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

shinerbock is back; rumstove is back. It's a great day, Mo!

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

What a great day indeed! I have never been superstitious but every time my sons U-13 team plays at the same time as Fulham and wins Fulham wins. I watched my son score his first goal of the season in the most Fulhamish of weather conditions knowing the DVR was recording the Fulham result for me. My wife was way beyond understanding watching the Fulham match with me after my sons game before her Mother's day lunch (God bless the fine lady). I am still on cloud 9 from the days result and Fulhams survival.

After watching Fulham win I informed my son that I am holding him responsible for his teams improvement so that Fulham is not in a relagation battle next season!

14. Kathy

Kathy New Member

What an AMAZING delirious end! The Gentleman Jim tape is a CLASSIC for the ages, plus seeing today's Golden Lion CELEBRATION (thanks, MIKE!) - there is nothing like it! So so HAPPY! Plus my dear friend's team Stoke City is moving up, so looking forward to another great season in the EPL for ********FULHAM********!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's hope his side performs next season like Real Madrid did this season.

16. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Thanks, Don. You're the best!

17. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Unlike the wise gentleman above I did not step away from the computer (or the television) in hopes that something good would happen while I was away. I continued to watch the match and as every second ticked away my nerves continued to go crazy. If Fulham conceded an equaliser, there is a good chance I would have become physically ill, but on the upside. FULHAM WON!!!

Great season. Wouldn't have it any other way.

18. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I had to work today...but I had the game on in the office (hope I don't get in troubel for watching pirated channels at work) and I let out the biggest yell...everybody thought I was nuts...

...well, they just had more reason to think I was nuts.