The 06-07 hockey thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rumstove, Nov 4, 2006.

1. rumstove

rumstove New Member

First off, for reference, in NHL I cheer for Wild and Avalanche. In college, DU (Denver University).

I guess when it comes to NHL I like things to stay the same. I don't want rules changed in an effort to increase scoring. That would be like MLS trying to make football/soccer/whatever more appealing with more goal scoring, so they get rid of the offside rule (OK so that's stretching it...).

Some of the new rules I don't like:
    Goalie Restrictions: I don't mind the 1" smaller pads, but restricting where they can play behind the net? If they want to risk playing a puck in the far corner, let 'em go.

2-line passing: This only rewards a fast break-away skater and takes away from proper set plays and team strategy.

A winner every game: This is hockey, there should be draws. Pretty soon people will start leaving the games saying "that game sucked, there wasn't even a shoot-out at the end". Eventually this will lead to NHL officials dropping the first 3 periods of play and just have a shoot-out from the start. First team to 30 wins, win by 2 (of course).

Of the new rules I do like the increased Offense dimensions the most. This gives teams more room to setup and work as a team to get a goal.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Any of you need your team a guaranteed win against the Blue Jackets?

Contact me... for a slight reasonable fee I will take care of it...

All I have to do is watch the game.

3. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Hey, a hockey thread. Just when I was about to start one. Incidentally, I started a blog about my favorite team of all, the New Jersey Devils. It's called In Lou We Trust if you'd like to see my generally regular thoughts about the team.

fog: The Devils already played the Blue Jackets in their only game of the year, and won 1-0.

Incidentally, if anybody here has found whatever happened to the EGG line's offense or the team's power play, please give it back to the New Jersey Devils organization. I don't know why it would be at a Fulham fan forum, but it sure as hell isn't with the team. The Devils desparately need both returned.