Ten! In the House Lamar Built

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, May 10, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

If there ever was a 'must win' game, especially for the Crew, last night was the one. If no other reason then the convergence of the symbolism.

* The 'oldest' stadium in MLS

* Playing the OTHER Lamar Hunt team of the time CCS was built

* Like building the stadium, an obvious uphill battle.
    A retro lookback at the time: MajorLeague Gamble (pdf)

And the Crew came through, even though KC served notice on the rest of the league they were not having a fluke run of luck.

'Ten' signifies the nail-biting aspects of the match.
    'Ten might signify the number of points the Crew might now have if they could have played at their peak for a full ninety in a few previous games.

' Ten' also signifies the number of Crew players on the field performing at their best.

Including the preview of what might come to be: Emmanuel Ekpo's performance at right midfield... which caused me and a few others to visualize the possibilities of Robbie Rogers on the left and an equally dangerous mirror image of Robbie on the right. Because watching him, you saw exactly how Robbie was playing at the end of '08.

And Hejduk's back, serving up a delicious assist to one of the most unusual goals by GBS.. a diving header.

Dispatch Match Report

2. FulhamGK

FulhamGK New Member

That saying just gives me chills every time I hear it...

"The House Lamar Built"