Team America... Finally saw it...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mnlandshark, Jul 25, 2005.

1. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Saw the unedited version this weekend...

A big two-thumbs-up... This movie is so unbelievably wrong but that's what makes it soooooo good... That's what I love about the South Park guys... they're not afraid to piss anyone off so they just do what they want...

And petty, you'll be happy to know, I laughed my ass off when they were killing off all of the liberal actors... Yeah, I even have my moments of Red State pleasure...

I'm so ronery...

I know I'm quite a few months behind the boat on this one, but I just had to share for those who haven't seen it... and who aren't too easiliy offended...

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Ironic enough, I saw this while I was in London..."America, F@$@ yeah!!!"

Definitely not one for the easily offended, but well worth the $4 rental...

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Did you happen to watch any of the featurettes? I am still amazed at how much work they put into it and the actual size of the sets. Marionettes doing it and they still find a way to make it look like art:)

Maybe I should play the soundtrack for the tailgate?

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh

What is it that people see in this movie?? How many times do we have to listen to the "Team America F#*k Ya" song. It gave me a half chuckle once, but by the second and defiantly the 12th time it was a bit much.

I spent money on this! after some classmates of mine and a teacher who's opinions I respect gave it rave reviews! It was honestly one of the worst picies of sh!t ever to cross my eyes. Had nothing to do with being offended, all to do with lame jokes and spoffs used over and over. And look I'm not just saying this because I'm some sort of upper crust snob who's to good to reduce myself to such humor, no I like Carlos Mencia, but this was just lame and stupid in every way.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

If you like Carlos Mencia, I think it's pretty clear that you have no sense of humor at all.

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I enjoy toilet humour and enoyed Team America (although when I had the option to see it again I declined). I much prefered South Park - Bigger, Longer.... I can watch that over and over.

For Christmas I was given a copy of the South Park Christmas Album and loved it too, although it is very offensive and would probably upset many Christians. I loved Cartman's "Swiss Colony Beef Log" song.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ah.... I may or may not watch it.

The SP guys are geniuses but, like spencer, I dont care for the repetitive stuff.

I thought the SP movie was fair to middlin' but too much of it. I should have known because I watch the program selectively. If it looks like it's all going to be toilet humor, I switch over.

I got over that stuff in my early teens and the thrill is gone. I'll leave it at that...any more and I'll start on a 'cheapening of social values' rant.
    ;)

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

ouch

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

de-de deeeeeeeeeee!

We love Mencia in the HatterHouse!

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Mencia steals material from other comics (e.g. Bill Cosby, Sam Kinison). I guess at least he has good taste in whose material to crib.

11. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad

12. Nside

Nside New Member

Those Poor SP guys... their movies are great, but they never get the reviews they deserve.

The South Park movie is by-far my favorite musical. Unfortunately they weren't able to capture the same magic and humor-rhythm in Team America. I would still rather watch one of Trey Parker's worst movies than watch ANYTHING involving Will Farrel... "Look at me, I'm acting stupid... that's funny, isn't it?" ... talk about repetitive...