@ Swansea City

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 17, 2013.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wow, It's Friday lunchtime and there's not even a match thread for Sunday's game? Geez. It's almost like we've gotten 1 point from our previous 7 matches and the club is playing like crap.

All the matches Sunday are at the same time -- as is usual for the end 'o season -- and, so far, it doesn't appear that the Swansea v. Fulham match will be televised anywhere. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Sunday is choir day at church, but I can make the chatroom for the first half if anyone else is up for it. It'll be the last GJ of the season.

Oh, we're going to lose 3-0, but we'll still not be rid of the useless Dutchman.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

HD, I think that it's being broadcasted on the newly created S&M channel (must be into pain to watch Fulham play these days :shock: ).

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for August (or Godot at this point). Don't even wanna think about what kind of farce will be played out on Sunday. Nonetheless...

COYW

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I will be on the road once again this weekend. I am not overly optimistic Fulham will show up for this match anyway but here is a COYW's none-the-less.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nothing to be done, then.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

as always, nicely done; brought a smile to me on this otherwise blah afternoon.

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

The bad news? Michel Vorm is back in goal for Swans. The good news? We're due for a good showing. Make that overdue.
    1-2 visitors, Riether and Ruiz score, and some semblance of defense returns for us. Maybe.

COYW!

8. BarryWhite

I just can't see this season ending on a road win. Time for something Fulhamish perhaps?

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:banana-guitar: :banana-dance: :banana-linedance:

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yup, just when you expect them to lose they win.

I see your bananas Joe and raise.

:banana-linedance: :banana-dance: :banana-guitar: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-explosion: :banana-ninja: :banana-jumprope: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench:

11. BarryWhite

What a great match for Kacaniklic!

12. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    Wow, only took me a week to watch the highlights (although, part of the problem is that my computer kept overheating during the streaming video, so I think I saw about half the highlights on three or four different occasions) and I figured even though I listened to GJ and was in the chatroom, I'd watch them before commenting. It was a great way to end the season, but we did luck out that Swansea was unable to convert a couple golden opportunities before the game got out of hand. I suppose it was Fulhamish for luck to finally go our way on the last day of the season in a game none of us really expected three points from. Special K was absolutely brilliant and is more than ready to be starting every match barring injury and/or fatigue. It should be Schwarzer's swansong for the club (C'mon Steklenberg!) and if it was it showed the positives that he's done for us over his career- and not the poor distribution, shakiness and inconsistency that has characterized the last year or so. A nice and of course, Fulhamish, way to end the year...

~ Steve

13. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Watched this and a number of the highlights of the last 4 or 5 games. Alex K. was superb against Swans. Something to build on for next season, perhaps. The thing that struck me about the late season swoon, again, just watching the highlights, are 1) how deep we allow the opposition to get into our half without significant effort and pressure from our defenders and 2) the incredible number of giveaways in our own half. Mistakes like those at the end of the season point to one primary cause for me....poor coaching. Glad for the win at Swansea, hoping that's a good springboard into next season, but Herr Jol's time should be at it's end. Perhaps he'll get one of the jobs he's linked to over the summer, and we can move on and, hopefully, up.