Swan II - the sequel [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 22, 2009.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Is it just me, or did anyone else think Zamora was a bit of a twat after his goal. Yes, you scored. Yes, people have doubted you. Yes, you needed to and still need to prove yourself.

Don't be a dick because people expect more from you, especially after not producing for so long.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

no, you're right. he is a twat.

he's a striker who (albeit didnt for awhile) scores goals. how many athletes, whose only purpose is to score, are nice? he also doesn't speak to the media.

but he's our jerk.

4. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Timmy, I was thinking the same thing when I saw a similar comment on CCN. I compare it to the Chicago Fire. The Fire are my other favorite club and have been since they first joined MLS (closest club to where I live in Michigan).

Anyways, I have always hated Blanco. Hate his antics, hate his diving, hate his attitude. That is until he joined the Fire. Now I love the guy. He hasn't changed, but he's "our" guy now.

I feel the same way about Bobby Z.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Nice goal by our boy Dempsey!

I guess maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't see anything wrong with Zamora's celebration. Putting him on par with Blanco is ridiculous.

6. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

After seeing the highlights, two thoughts, Clint Dempsey is amazing, and BZ is a d#*k.....

7. morry32

morry32 New Member

I am tired of Zamora- If he is going to score than thats one thing but not scoring and then reacting like this? Sorry but he has no business pushing his team mates away so he can show up the home fans.......

8. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

The comparison was due to the fact that I've ALWAYS hated Bobby Zamora UNTIL he joined Fulham. Same with Blanco. I HATED him when he played for Mexico, but not now that he is with the Fire.

Bobby could pull his shorts down & moon the crowd, flip everyone the bird & moonwalk on the crossbar for all I care, as long as he's scoring goals.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Results cover up a multitude of 'bad attitude'.
    Imagine if Schelotto, who always practices at 1/3 speed and constantly lobbies refs on the pitch, was just an ordinary player.

On the other hand, Alej Moreno came into Columbus with a rep for diving a bit and whining about fouling by the D. The backstory, in which he unstoppingly stated he loves being with the crew and living in the city, itself.. went a long way toward getting the fans behind him.

Contrast with Jeff Cunningham and Edson Buddle. JC has a certain fan following in Cols which he odften points out, but the vast concensus of fans didnt want him back no matter how he performed for other teams.

Buddle never bothered cultivating fans so he doesnt even have a Cols fan following.

Zamora seems a mix. He should re-orient his ego, perhaps.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Ah, maybe I missed your point then.