Summer '08: Ins and Outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by fulhamlocal, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Well, admittedly I only started following the team in late November of last year so I missed a lot. When it comes to these things I defer to your knowledge, I obviously remember the last 10 games. :)

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yep; look for a thread called: Squad numbers! This 7-deep thread list is causing a lot of duplication.

MIKEY/FOG -- THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM.

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Found it. My bad.

4. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

5. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I'm on record as saying that I think Steve Davis is quality. He was quality at Villa, he was quality at Rangers. There's no reason why he couldn't be for us, he was just mismatched in the Sanchez system. In Woy's system, he seems like a natural fit. I hope he stays and fights his way into the squad ...although with Murphy (now named captain) and Bullard at CM, it's hard to see how he would.

6. GreekFootballer

GreekFootballer New Member

7. richardhkirkando

Totally agree. Don't know what people expected him to do when we were constantly hoofing the ball over his head. Murphy came good once Roy implemented his short passing game, and I suspect Davis would have done the same.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Agreed with the above about Davis. Even if he isn't playing a whole ton right now, Murphy and Bullard aren't going to be around forever and there's always the possibility of injury. If he isn't going to play much then you could send him out on loan like with Omozusi, but personally I'd like to have him around.

9. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I am on the record as saying I like £7million better.

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Yeah, but is anyone buying him for that much? Probably not.

11. richardhkirkando

Davis is definitely too good for the Championship, but I wonder if West Brom would be interested in taking him on loan? Their style of football most closely resembles ours, at least as far as the promoted teams go, so that might be a good experience for him.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm not sure how I feel about loaning talent to a team that probably won't be all THAT far away from us in the table.

13. jefft1011

jefft1011 New Member

I'm a fan of Konchesky too... The best thing about him is that he has a left foot and he uses it... Right Don!

14. richardhkirkando

That is a good point, and any loan of that sort would have to be with a "can't play against own team" clause. I actually think that both Fulham and West Brom will be reasonably safe from relegation, but a bit of bad luck here and there can change that quickly.

Maybe someone like Everton, who only have 4 midfielders at the moment, would be a better choice?

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

16. richardhkirkando

Didn't realize Rangers were after Maurice Edu. Counting down until someone registers rangersusa.com...

:shudder:

17. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Smith is putting together a solid midfield at Ibrox. Edu, Mendes and Davis are all quality and offer a different attribute to the side.

Sorry to see Davis go. He never really got a real opportunity at Fulham. He was a Sanchez player, but he excelled at Villa and Rangers so why not at Fulham? Roy could have found a place where he could benefit the side, but I guess he believes the price is right and Fulham has enough cover in midfield.

Good luck at Ibrox Davis.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was one of the few on here who liked Steve Davis in a FFC shirt. I'm glad to see him go, however, as he'll be higher up the depth chart at Rangers.

Kev, I'm wondering whether Smith is looking at Edu as a central defender or as a holding mid. I think he's featured internationally in the former role more recently. Anyhow, I think it's a good move for him. He's a talented player, who is very tough.

Not THIS little black duck!

19. sublicon

sublicon New Member

It's funny, Fulham is no longer America's team. We've had enough at the club over the years that this community has been started, but we're now just as much America's team as Villa and Rangers now.

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Do you guys do that song? Put it up on site.