Streaming service

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Sep 25, 2017.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

"...the Fulham website was so slow that it was unusable today. I was never able to get audio of the match. I assume video had similar issues, but if they use a third party for streaming they might not have had the same issues." MicahMan.

Just curious, how many of you are paying for the club's video and audio streaming service? It seems they have more than their share of technical problems, and that shouldn't be for a paid service. Don't know if ifollow is any better, but I'd hope that is. When you can't even get an audio stream right, that's a big problem. Just wondering what your experience has been.

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'm only paying for the audio service. This past weekend was the first time I tried to listen to a match and had a disruption. I've received nothing from the club about it; I only saw the updates on Twitter.

When watching the highlights and match videos the audio used to be distorted - like the source was too hot for the input. I wondered if they have a mic/line input mix-up somewhere. They have thankfully gotten that issue resolved and the audio sounds fine now.

They had some white balance issues with their cameras this week. The grass would change colors going from distance to close shots - it would be the brilliant green of a rice paddy in India or the slightly browned hue as my lawn gets into August.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

And the audio stream is unavailable for a second straight match. :mad:

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Not good. How much is the audio only service per month?

5. Oakham

Oakham New Member

I jumped in on the season deal for the video (and audio from devices) streaming, and so far have been enjoying the video feeds a lot. There have been minor technical glitches during a some of the matches I've seen, but nothing that's lasted more than a minute or two. I need to get my home computer fixed to test the video stream over regular DSL, but on my work connection (fairly fast) the streaming video service has been good.

And to answer your question about audio streaming, it's about £ 5 a month:
    https://www.fulhamfc.com/fulhamfctv/options

SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.