Strange days

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Dec 15, 2011.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Lol.... Geometry! From a 'practical engineer's' POv, it's great with a caveat. Pack your frig with boxes it could cause icing of the cooling coil by restricting airflow.
    Production Economies? Dunno.

You all didnyt ask about the stories on what happened... the other two were part of sorta funny stories, Maybe I'll tell 'em here when I get bored... under 'Well, the sixties had strange days, too!'

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Strange Days Indeed --- most peculiar, mama.

And now from the intellectual wing of the anti-Obama front.

http://harddawn.com/are-militant-atheis ... in-heaven/

Here's a "highlight"

Science bad; science kill angels -- the REAL message of the creationist earth science haters. It is to larf.

You can't make this shit up. You know why? Some nut job already has.

3. pettyfog

Well, Don....For that piece 'Tin Foil' giveaway: 'Aerial Spraying'.
    I'll say it again. You dont need a conspiracy when you got a narrative.
    That the event resulting from a narrative fall neatly into a 'conspiracy' doesnt mean there ARE secret meetings to carry it out. Probably be better off if there were.
    We see right now how well "Plans" work.
    To illustrate how narrative works, in the abstract....
    How ironic is this?
    'Men are failing us,' says woman planning demonstration

Lots of things come to mind.. mainly 'words' like all listed here:
    http://thesaurus.com/browse/incongruity

Whatever .. it's the logical culmination of several threads of Progressive narrative. And I'll assume she's blackballed from NOW.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

5. pettyfog

Yeah... you actually have to click the links - all safe enough for your sensibilities, btw, not one to a RW site - and READ the stories.

Here's another one you wont understand:

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/n...l-officials-are-no-fans-of-gun-ban-signs.html
    ,, cuz any picture of a gun is scary!
    She THINKS it will alarm the 'General Public' meaning uneducated / unsophisticated / uninformed people, I assume. or maybe just women?

Gee, I'm sorry that people .. mainly us conservative / libertarian retards point and laugh at these idiots.. and I feel bad about it because almost all of them are female.
    I now have TWO sisters-in-law with Concealed Carry papers. Neither of them are likely to have to use them. But neither are emotion driven basket cases, either. None of my brothers carry.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I did click on the links and read what was there.

What I didn't understand was stuff like this:

You have a corkscrew way of writing that's hard to penetrate at most times.

7. pettyfog

Seriously? This from a guy who used to teach this stuff?
    yet..
    - Once said on here, when a member said he was an 'Anarcho/Marxist', that he saw no connection between the two. REALLY!!!????
    - Also told me about Obama's Community Org days: ' I doubt he and Alinsky traded notes.'

Whose only political comments seem to be referenced against 'Faux News' and sometimes Limbaugh.. strangely silent on idiocies committed by Progressives, like if the country needs more money, just print more. Or 'Hate speech' uttered against conservatives.

Don, your politics are not private because you dont tell us what they actually are, they're also defined by what you dont say. I'm okay with that... but please dont patronize me by pretending you dont understand the narratives promoted by Howard Zinn, Herbert Marcuse, and then the champ of it all Alinsky. The rest of you who have a college education and dont know those names, shame on you!

Yeah.. I'm obtuse, again. But I dont for a minute think you dont understand me. We're all just observers and dont have the power to change things... doesnt mean we have to play dumb about the big picture. You of all people dont need a roadmap.

Maybe IF YOU WANT STRAIGHT dialogue, you could comment on the strange affiliation/ apologeia between Progressives and those who promote an Islamic Caliphate. While deriding Bible thumping nutjobs.
    Let's start with Gay rights... Christians condemn the sin, Muslims just kill the sinner.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, I give in. I AM the only person on here who understands what you're talking about as much as 40% of the time. You make constant sense and your style enhances your constant logic.

Now, just which Progressives are promoting an Islamic Caliphate again? I'm here to learn -- facts, opinions, and most importantly that wonderful writing style of yours. How else can I learn to think. for. myself.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm not really one for goal celebrations, but his one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He could've claimed that last guy pushed him. And why didnt he roll around like he'd been shot in the head?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfnc___G6ME&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hehe... he got a red card for head butting the dugout.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ah...the Irish. One Man U supporter's tirade while watching Fulham draw. Warning, lots and lots of cursing. My advice skip to about 6:20 for the Bent goal reaction. I think the son is in for a little talking to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-tSKeNpDY#t=91

13. Clevelandmo

You beat me to it Heather. Only I was going to give the video it's own thread. LOL funny. The best parts - the profanity counter, the puppy in his lap, and "dozy pinheads". :lol:

And to harken back to a previous discussion, should I be offended that every reference I've seen to this video in the media feels the need to refer to this man as "Irish".

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

This is so weird, stupid, and yet I can't help but watch it a few times trying to understand why someone would take the time to put it together?

WTH?
    https://vine.co/v/MaYIdPP3BwU

15. tim

tim Active Member

I think the puppy's reactions to him are as good as his reactions to the match. Priceless.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-atNakMWw[/youtube]

17. Clevelandmo

That is one of the strangest things I have seen. Cant believe they didnt just slide off immediately.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You know, I think I would buy a tilapia wearing yoga pants.

AggieMatt likes this.
  19. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Artisanally moistened...:D

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Press release on The IgNobels

BOSTON (Reuters) - Researchers who studied the consequences of intense kissing, the global use of the word "huh?" and how badly bee stings hurt on different parts of the body were among the winners of this year's Ig Nobel prizes for comical scientific achievements.
    The annual prizes, meant to entertain and encourage global research and innovation, are awarded by the Annals of Improbable Research as a whimsical counterpart to the Nobel Prizes, which will be announced next month.
    Among the 10 awards, three went to teams of researchers that revealed that nearly all mammals regardless of size take about 21 seconds to pee, showed it is possible to partially un-boil an egg with chemicals, and used math to determine how a North African emperor from the 17th century fathered 888 children in just 30 years.
    Other teams earned prizes for attaching a weighted stick to a chicken's rear end to demonstrate how dinosaurs might have walked, and for showing that acute appendicitis can be diagnosed by how much pain a patient feels when driven over speed bumps.
    Researcher Michael L. Smith shared the physiology and entomology prize for arranging honey bees to sting him repeatedly on 25 different locations on his body, revealing that one of the most painful locations was on his penis.
    Former winners of real Nobels handed out the spoof awards at the ceremony at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, organized by Marc Abrahams, editor of the Annals. The ceremony included a three-act mini-opera about a competition between the world's millions of species to determine which one is the best.
    The Ig Nobel medicine prize went to two teams of researchers who conducted experiments to study the biological effects of intense kissing, which include decreasing skin allergies, and the literature prize was given to researchers who showed that the word "huh?" appears to exist in every language.
    Ig Nobel prizes this year also went to researchers who showed many business leaders developed a fondness for risk-taking after surviving natural disasters in childhood, and to the Bangkok Metropolitan Police for offering to pay policemen more money in exchange for not taking bribes.