Strange days

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Dec 15, 2011.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Come ON, Heather! Do you think either side's campaign staff brought this up?

LAy the freakin blame where it belongs... some idiot reporter. . Or Media MAtters.. all the same!

That stupid Dogs against Romney site has been around since 07. I remember seeing some blogger brought up the dog meal about the same time.

Who the hell cares... but lets just think about who is in the tank for who, that would bring the cruelty thing up!

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, both campaigns brought the Doggie issues up. And the media and bloggers just love to roll in the dirt because people like it and it sells. But it's still just BS that doesn't really matter.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/r ... YNiJFl1zgI

They may not be the original instigators, but campaign aides don't mind cheap tricks. This episode is mildly amusing and distrubing at the same time. We have bigger issues at hand and the campaigns are doing tit for tat involving what happened to a dog(s) more than 30 years ago? Can't wait for the big October surprises they pull out. Maybe somebody accidentally killed a cat while driving at night.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Given my unusual aversion to this election - I know nothing (hehe) of this dog incident. However, as a dog guy, I did dig 'fog's picture of the lab/retrievers in the pickup.

COYW

4. pettyfog

Crossposted here, cuz it tickles me:

Crab Collider Logic

Screw photons, let's try crabs...

LOL

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepercent/2012/04/researchers-build-crab-powered.html
    So... Crabs' brains are like a simple breadboard of logic gates. Which can be assembled into a larger system of logic gates...
    Hmmm.. I'm an engineer not a sciencytist... but...

DUH!

At least it would be faster than a turtle computer.

via Tim Blair

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, 'fog. The crab story was strangely intriguing.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99BuRhj29HY[/youtube]

Luck or Skill? :lol:

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I believe that's called lack of skill. You could tell he was embarrassed. :lol:

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

9. pettyfog

First off, let me say I'm pleased as punch that Fulham ended top ten again.. and in company -again- with the Mersey twins, of which Everton showed better. Very satisfying.

And that Randy Lerner still has the chance to stop the Cleveland style revolving coaching door.

And that someone OTHER than Arse Chelsea and esp ManU won top. Not that I care a whole lot. Now to bring the swelled heads of Manchester down and neither of them to make top 4 next year.

But wait.. that's not why I'm here, in this thread:
    Here, I just want to amuse and maybe provoke a little, with just a pinch of outrageous social comment.. it IS called 'Strange Days' and I think this qualifies:
    The Frisky: This 70-Year-Old Virgin Is Ready To Lose It

You know.. It's generally considered not nice to make fun of the emotionally or developmentally stunted. But maybe people should.
    Just to keep an equilibrium.
    I've been married over 40 years, not about to trade in the missus for anything or anyone. And lord knows I aint rich, or even tall dark and handsome.. but if I were single, rich, handsome and I heard some lounge entertainer stayed virgin because of her standards and because 'she didnt have time..'
    And she wanted to marry me to give up what is apparently her prize possession!!!!

I'd be ROFLMAO!!! No thanks, Lady.. I've been interested in, and studying, people and human nature and why folks do what they do and why they dont.
    I'd much rather marry a 70 yo change of habit virgin former nun! Sex isnt everything and it shouldnt be.. but it IS something.

I see maybe a reality show with 'Pristine Pam'..
    lol! Oh.. wait...
    This, possibly related news, just in; from 'the sun rises in the east, dog bites man, news to anyone who didnt come of age in the mid-late sixties' department:

- Amazing! But it explains Pam, despite her spin on it. She was working those hours.. see? I'm not even staying at Holiday Inn Express but I can put a few suppositions together: Repressed childhood experiences, unfavorable peer observations and added to that, genetically low libido. Her Wyld Chyld never had a chance!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1uuAYBgtK

10. Clevelandmo

'fog, no one is going to join the site if you post musings about sex with 70 yr old women. :whistle:

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:lol:

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Tempted to put this in the "Soccer People" thread.

A sad, but odd story:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18865956/e ... p-in-china

What people will do sometimes to themselves for entertainment and sport.

13. Clevelandmo

Chicago police find an outdoor marijuana farm worth around $10 million on land near a freeway. They caught no suspects but found a sleeping bag and fresh food. What's going to happen to all that weed?

Do you think many city workers volunteered to help with the burning part? :banana-stoner:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-pot-fields-found-20121004,0,4576112.story

14. pettyfog

Lol.. well that's the point, aint it.
    Burning it, I mean.
    "Here's your breather mask, Bill.."
    "Nah... I'm good."

15. pettyfog

Sidenotes: Yard Sign Antics and Tweaking the Mullah's Noses

After seeing Twitchy's page on Progressives bragging about peeing or pooping on Romeny Yard Signs, I waited till I saw something for myself, sure enough I did.. two doors down from me.. and as I noted on FB:
    YARD SIGN MISSING!
    My neighbors no longer have their yard sign with Romney cartoon face and half a funnel imposed over the face and captioned 'Pee Here'.
    Makes me kinda sad.
    That's it's not there, anymore, I mean.

Seriously.. I am very much against yard sign sabotage.. I like to know who people really are.
    In this case, I already knew,, and wanted others to know, too. I've known 'em since we first moved in.. over thirty years ago. They were Morons then, {before we even knew their politics} and nothing's changed.
    - Invited us to a party and we weren't there 15 minutes before hubby had his hand on Pat's ass. That was nothing new.. but usually the horndogs waited till my wife had a few beers.
    :banana-guitar:

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I did a quick scan and wondered how Redknapp [Twitchy] had signed Antic when I thought he'd retired. Then I wondered what team was "The Yard." As you know very well, 'fog, what one our age THINKS he sees/hears is often much more entertaining than what is really there.

Carry on: nothing to see here.

17. pettyfog

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/07/unhinged-liberals-urinate-on-romney-ryan-yard-signs/
    There's always a few giggles in these:
    - Now, THAT'S Funny!

"what one our age THINKS he sees/hears is often much more entertaining than what is really there. "

Exactly! All depends on how one engages with reality.

Trust me... Don is NOT INTENTIONALLY my 'straight man'

While you're there, check out what else Hillary takes the blame for..
    http://twitchy.com/2012/10/16/the-b...ything-heres-what-hillaryalsotooktheblamefor/

Let's face it, Twitter is the definition of 'Strange Days' all by itself.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's like you guys have a language all your own. You use so many "inside" phrases and oblique references in your posts that it's difficult at times to figure out what the hell you're saying. Then you get upset because we're "purposely" missing your point.

Scary, really.

19. pettyfog

And getting stranger... Josef Mengele and Margaret Sanger are smiling in that hot place:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9qFXcu9oM#![/youtube]
    What could possibly go wrong!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

And, cause here's a good a place as any...

George McGovern - RIP
    A true liberal and Far Better Man than Tricky Dick .. and, yet...

20. Clevelandmo