StL: Europa Final gathering

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Kynd, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kynd

Kynd New Member

I've already asked off work for May 12th. Is there a list somewhere of bars/pubs that will be showing the final?

2. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Kynd the best bets are Tigin (downtown), Barristers (clayton), and Amsterdam Tavern (south city). I plan on heading to Tigin. I've had great luck there this year for Europa League games.

3. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

The Amsterdam Tavern is closest to where I live and work. But, if you've got good karma going at Tigin, I'll see if I can join you there. Tigin is a much nicer place, but I generally consider that a negative rather than a positive...I prefer local "dives" rather than the nicer chain pubs. But, as I said, I'm not going to mess with karma. If I can get off for the afternoon, I'll see you there.

Kynd, Barristers in Clayton is also a popular place. As the name implies, its kind of an upscale yuppie lawyer place, but with a soccer vibe. I don't go there much...this south side hoosier feels out of place there.

4. stlouisbrad

I'll definitly pick up a round or two of drinks for everybody.

5. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Damn...we have a mandatory all-school Mass on Weds afternoon that will last until 3:00. I'll probably have to stay even longer, for reasons to dull to explain.

...Brad, I'll have to take a rain check on that round, and I'll watch on my DVR Weds evening. It will take all my will power not to check the score before I leave the office on Weds.

6. stlouisbrad

Well that sucks...I'll just half to drink twice as much.

7. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Barrister's, Amsterdam, and Tigin are all great places. I've been to Amsterdam Tavern and Barristers - the Amsterdam is more fun when crowded, but not if it's deserted, especially for an afternoon game. I might decide last minute which pub to hit. As long as Fulham brings home a winner!

8. stlouisbrad

Well I'll be sipping on pints at Tigin, so I hope to see you down there.