'Staying up Party'

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, May 13, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

just being a neutral observer, since my music schedule makes it impossible for me to take you up on your generosity, but hosting a party the day after you fly back to the States might tax you just a little -- regardless of how young you are. Something to think about.

Just sayin'

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Great idea Mike. Sounds like it will be an amazing time. I will still be enrolled in summer courses, but if there is anyway for me to get away for the weekend I'll be there.

Let us know when you decide on a date.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Right, so the 29th is out. The best weekend for me, pesonally is the 4th of July but do you guys have that Monday off as well? If not, either the 4th or 5th but I understand some will have other commitments on such a big weekend.

4. americanmike

Hi all again! Looks like the 5th or 6th are the better dates for everyone who responded. Does this work for the rest?

5. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

The 5th would be great.

6. Kathy

Kathy New Member

If our club team makes it to Region 1, I'm there on the 5th. If they don't make it, will be at IMG in Bradenton that day. Thanks again, Mike!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, wish I could be there to be the butt of all the "old fat guy" jokes, get royally toasted on Margaritas, fall asleep on the beach, get photographed in that condition and have to live with the documentary results for the rest of the time I'm on the site.

Hmmm; well, maybe not so much.

Screw it; I wish I could be there and meet all youse guys and goils!

8. RDG

RDG Member

Don't worry. In today's performance, the part usually played by HatterDon shall be played by RDG. Oh, wait, I'm not that big on margaritas; oh, well, I shall take my tequila straight, the way nature intended it to be taken.

Actually, where's "Smokin' " ?? He's better at that role than I am. ("JohnnyCash" is a pro at that particular role, but we've heard hide nor hair of him in quite some time. . . )

9. americanmike

All set. Confirmed for Saturday July 5th.

10. americanmike

Not that I need to entice because how can you beat a day out with a beach, some beer and Fulham fans but how about a special screening of the Great Escape DVD?!

[​IMG]

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmmm...I just might have to show up. How far of a drive is it from DC? 3 to 4 hours? Ugh...killer gas price this summer though. :(

12. americanmike

5 Hrs according to mapquest.com but that site is notorious for 'doing the speed limit'! Probably 3-4 hours to NYC and then another 1hr+ to get out to eastern Long Island. Katy says do it!

13. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I will do my damnedest to be there, family obligations permitting.

14. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

I would say be there and do your damnest to do so!!

You have no idea what you would be missing out on (just from a scenery perspective) let alone a very rare chance for you all who are on the other side of the pond to chat with other Fulhamites.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

my goodness, WW, YOU'RE going to be there? Had I only known, I'd have cancelled my own July 4 ankle-bite and the recording session the next Tuesday and put Smooth Blue on the road to come visit. Sadly, other plans, etc.

Ah, well; yet another opportunity missed. We shall meet some day, I vow!

16. americanmike

Sorry Don, WW won't be there just giving words of encouragement!

17. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

You could drive halfway to NJ and take the train up to NYC/East Long island? At least you wouldn't drive the whole way...though you'd be train-dependent.

Hey, speaking of, is this locale in LI even accessible by train? I assume the particulars of where/when on the 5th will be e-mailed out? I can make the 5th, and I'd love to come; please excuse my impatience-ness.

18. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

From what I understand, it's in the Hamptons, which is available not only by train but by the eminently comfortable Hampton Jitney (=a nice bus).

19. americanmike

Hi everyone,

I've had a few more confirmations this week and hoping to have some of the 'locals' confirm as well but if I could ask that anyone intersted to please email me mike@fulhamusa.com that would be greatly appreciated.

I will then give out full details as I'd rather not put he address on the board and I won't have to bother people via email who can't come.

THANKS!!

20. americanmike

Numbers are growing so just bumping the thread again to make sure everyone gets a view.