Stand up for Roy Hodgson

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Corky, May 10, 2009.

1. Corky

Corky New Member

You would really have to have been there to see the whole of the Hammersmith , Riverside & Stevenage Rd (JH) standing and saluting Roy , it was pure class.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

He deserves it!

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

anyone got any video of this? if not, can someone be sure to get some this week as I'm sure it'll happen again.

4. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Yeah, video would be great.
    He deserves every bit of praise that comes his way. He started last year with a philosophy and guided Fulham (with some inspired performances) to the great escape. Then this year he continues instilling his philosophy and takes the squad to the brink of European football.
    He deserves coach of the year ... no question!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Roy has definitely made the difference this season. He has bought well and was the first manager in quite some time to address the glaring defensive issues that have hampered this team for as long as I can remember. He has taken the new players and meshed them well with what he inherited and formed a solid team that has proven it is difficult to beat. As I have said before, if Roy does not get "Manager of the Year" it will be a travesty.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

It was unbelievable. Sitting in the press box I had no idea what was going on when the whole of the Hammersmith got up and started to clap. I'm sure you'll see it again this weekend.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Stand up for Roy Hodgson

By garr.. aint it good to see some know {and some have figgered out} wherein the source of goodness comes?

THINKING Crew fans attitude toward Sigi, even after he left. HOPEFULLY Roy will be under no such pressure.

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

There's a lesson in there for the rest of the league (looking at you there, Toon) about giving a manager time to come in and implement his system, regardless of the circumstances. The first several months of Roy's tenure produced very poor results on the scoreboard, but laid the groundwork for staying up and what we've seen this year. It would have been easy for MAF and the club to get gunshy when we were standing on the edge of the relegation cliff. It would have been easy for Roy and staff to abandon their methods in favor of a short term fix. And it would have been easy for the players to not buy in. I know I was questioning whether Roy was the right hire as the season wound down. But all involved showed mettle and stuck with it, the hard work paid off, and the results started going our way. And there have been very few missteps since.

Looking back at where we were 17 months ago and where we are now, it really is remarkable. Good on the Cottage fans for the awesome gesture.

9. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

I do not know who the man responsible for choosing and convincing Roy to come to Fulham last year, but I hope that the fans not only stand up for Roy, but stand up for the chairman who let Roy do things his way and produced the results that we are celebrating.