Spuds host Fulham ... maybe

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Dec 29, 2020.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I can't believe nobody has started a thread on this. It's Wednesday afternoon and, if there is actually a match, it'll be on NBCSN.

Thing is, that a couple of Internet sources have stated that several members of the Fulham family have tested positive against the new -- even more dangerous -- COVID-19 thing. Evidently, there's plans to have the match postponed. I was just on BBC's football site, and saw that the match is still scheduled.

If we play, we have to watch for the twin terrors up front. Kane has tired of leading the league in goals and is now leading it in assists. Son is still scoring, BUT it seems as if coachers are figuring out solutions to The Special One's sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww play.

We need three points bad -- having been screwed out of four points in the last two matches. I know they're comfortably in the top half, but they are vulnerable.

COYW!!!!

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Here's the BBC story saying that the match is in doubt after a number of positive COVID-19 tests.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55420342

On the plus side, if the game happens Fulham will have Scott Parker AND Kenny Tete back. Aina hasn't been terrible, but I think he has been the weakest link on the squad. I hope that Tete will be an upgrade and provide a similar attacking threat that we've seen from Robinson on the left side.

Tottenham has just 2 points from the last four matches. If Fulham were to win, they would have more points over the past eight matches than Tottenham. However, Tottenham's losses have all come against teams at the top of the table and they are still a very good team.

Despite competing for the top spot in the league, Tottenham has been incredibly boring to watch. There are moments of brilliance between Kane and Son surrounded by uninspiring football that is terrible to watch. Hopefully Fulham can turn everything on its head and give us an entertaining win!

3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

The soothsayers were right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55420342

The match has been postponed. I’m not sure what this means with regards the greater picture, but there have also been rumors of a temporary shutdown of the Premier League in January. Stay tuned.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Would have to think the Burnley match in a few days time will be postponed as well.

encorespanish likes this.