Springsteen and FFC -- Did He Know Something??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RDG, Apr 4, 2008.

1. RDG

RDG Member

Re: the "Born in the U.S.A." album -- there are some things that Bruce may have known before we did. Or, it's just smashing square pegs into round holes. [With some help from a friend -- ok, um, er uh, MOSTLY written by "johnnyhaynes"!]

Born in the U.S.A. - Aren't there six?
    Cover Me - Exactly what we weren't doing when defending corners and set pieces
    Darlington County - Never mind Derby, we'll be playing Darlington if we don't buck up next season
    Working on the Highway - I hope that's what happens to most of the squad following a clearout
    Downtown Train - Same as track 9
    I'm On Fire - What I am - with anger

[Side 2, for those of us who still use vinyl!]

No Surrender - Exactly the opposite of what we did with a lead all season
    Bobby Jean - I'm sure she's out on loan somewhere (another of LS's girls blouse signings) [Sometimes you've just got to use a mallot to fit everything!]
    Glory Days - Those are now behind us for a bit of time "They'll pass you by"
    Dancing in the Dark - That's how we've played for the whole season
    My Hometown - Ok, so you've got to use your imagination on this one, BUT, this is fairly close (though, perhaps, not as close as watching "The Wizard of Oz" whilst listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" . . .