Sponsors Day - 2008

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Feb 25, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi all,

Have just received word that sponsors day at Fulham is next Tuesday, 4th of March. Like we do every year, we send two people to meet Brian and get as much of our stuff signed, kit, certificate, shorts, etc and we then raffle off the merchandise to everyone who bought a share in this years sponsorship.

With that said, I expect to announce who gets what by March 11th. I hope Brian has a new pen with all the signing he'll be doing!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Looking forwrd to it Mike. Wondering if I'll threaten New Jersey Institute of Technology's losing streak with my own!

3. americanmike

Hi guys,

Sorry to say but Sponsors day has been moved back to Friday March 14th. So I expect to announce the winners towards the end of the month...

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Just to let you know Mike, my birthday is at the end of the month.
    The jersey will be mine :banana: the jersey will be mine :banana:

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Only three more days until Passover in the HatterDon abode. Looking forward to the posting of the winners!

6. americanmike

A quick report on Sponsors day. All went off without a hitch and Brian was his usual humble self. The whole team was happy to sign autographs for everyone and Brian kindly did the same and we had a brief chat. His knee is feeling good and is getting stronger by the day.

The real highlight was a Q&A session with Hodgson. He talked about Fulham, his ambitions, types of players he still wants and even went on to say, quite seriously, that there are players here he is not interested in and doesn't share his vision. They will not be here at the end of the season. Roy went on to talk for about a half an hour and could've went on for another hour. It was easily the highlight of the day.

Someone boldly asked if he would be here if we go down and he is definitely and that he has really enjoyed it at FFC and he would be very, very sad if we go down but he was doing everything to assure our Premier league status. In my opinion, Roy is our man short term and long term and simply talked sense. The guy knows his football...end of.

I'll be doing the raffle this weekend and have it all out by next week!

7. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Thanks, Mike! Looking forward to hearing about the raffle winners.

I'm really glad to hear that your impressions of Roy are so high-- I haven't been able to get a handle on him quite yet, and your assessment is very interesting.

Of course, now my curiosity is piqued with the "some players who don't share the vision will be out." I'm dying to get a bead on who you think might be on that list!!!

I mean, honestly, if he's floating names like coughBairdcough, I'm all about it, but of course I am nervous about players like Boca and Volzy, who have lost their starting spots, but who have the versatility to still be of value to the club.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I think Volzy should give it up and come to Columbus to play DM and Hejduk sub for the Crew. I think Boca should be a starter in fizzy-pop league. Hopefully not for Fulham.. as relegated, I mean.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

uh, Mikey; the draw for the sponsor's goodies?!?!?!

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yes....the draw??? here's to hoping that my two shares this year get me something! :)

11. americanmike

Sorry boys, had two very long weeks of work as well as worked Easter weekend.

Anywho, I was planning on posting the main winner tomorrow but the signed kit goes to a one Mr. Tibbles of Greer, SC!!!

Congrats! As for the other winners, I'll be drawing them this week now that work has died down. Promise.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Mikey ... and they call him "Mr. Tibbles!"

13. psand22

psand22 Member

Well, I don't need to be the grand prize winner.....just a winner of something.....come on magic share!!!!.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Mr. Tibbles??? Okay somebody fess up and admit they bought a share in the name of their cat. If I see an avatar w/a siamese wrapped in a Ironhead jersey I'm going to be pissed. :wink:

15. americanmike

Fulham were sending over a few more bits to me so there are a few more items than normal to give away!

16. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

come on lucky shares.

17. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

well Mike, any good news here? it's all i got left.

18. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Do they have a direct link to Championship TV coverage for over here????? Boo hoo..

19. americanmike

Chris Tibbles:
    Match-worn signed kit from Brian

Jon Carter (Granby, MA)
    Framed signed certificate from Roy and Brian

Rod Colburn (Connecticut)
    Team photo signed by Brian

Roger Dickens (Colorado)
    Signed photo of Roy Hodgson

Regular (smaller) certificates signed by Brian and Roy:
    Brandon Brown (Ohio)
    Chris Pae (Georgia)
    Jarem Graybill (Utah)
    Mark Saulsbery (Texas)
    Josh Herman (New York)
    Matthew Lazear (Ohio)

I always hate not giving everyone something but this year we had the extra certificates thrown in, whilst they aren't much, it was nice to have them.

If those who won could send me an email, I need to confirm address. If I don't hear from you this week I'll sned out emails to confirm addresses that way.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, dog my cats!

If we're still kit sponsoring next season, I'm in for my usual two shares. Mayhap I'll get a CCC championship flag or something!