Speculation: Center Back, Right Winger, or Striker?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 28, 2006.

?

Which position deserves the most final transfer consideration?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2006.
  1. Center Back

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Right Winger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Striker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

You beat the opposing team by scoring goals and quite frankly we don't have the flair and finishing ability to score goals. I would love for us to get a RW and a CB, but a true skilled RW is a must.

RW-Clint Dempsey. Cheap player with the skills of a Brazilian and an eye for goal. Really isn't his natural position, but I think he could fit into the team on the right wing. I think he could turn out to be a quality player in any big league.

CB-Robert Huth. Premiership experience and still very young for a defender. May cost too much, but maybe we could do a loan and sign deal.

Striker-Patrick Kluivert. Good option off the bench. He skills to play in the EPL just needs another chance.

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I tend to think the goals will come. This weekend we could have bagged a couple more. Looking at the table seven other teams have also scored three goals or less through three games and another four teams who have only played two games have scored three or less goals.

We scored an adequate amount last year and maintain the same players up front and have in fact added with Runstrom who if given his chance may prove useful. Yes steed did chip in a good amount last season but Bullard looks set to offset that loss. I'd like to score more goals to but I don't see that as are most pressing concern. I also fail to see how a new right wing automatically equals more goals. Sure it can help but its certainly not going to automatically equal another 10 goals.

Mike makes a good point in that Gabby Zukani may prove very helpful. I hope he gets his opportunity. I'll say it again, people are underestimating the loss of Goma. I say new Center back, then right wing, then another new center back, then perhaps a new forward.

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Well, the goal vs Man Utd was Helguson IMO, and McBride and John have had some good looks and tough luck. But yeah, if Liverpool can win with Cisse and Mr. Roboto up front, it must not be too terribly important.

The goals will come. We've had shots, and eventually, some of those shots that hit the post will start going in.

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

While I voted for RW, we really do need help in all three positions. For some reason I don't think we'll bring anyone in new in this transfer window. Getting Steed out before the transfer window closes will be a task by itself.

Hopefully Fulham can play well until January, maybe with a few player rotation experiments from CC along the way. The team is capable of playing well, it's just a matter of playing well consistently.