Speaking of scary and plastic: Edwards drops out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 30, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

FLASH: Edwards drops out

Speaking of scary and plastic:

AP says Edwards is dropping out. Not unexpected but now he can try to shift his sights to a place in the Obama organization.

Unfortunately, while I can scratch him off the Scary President List, leaving Obama and Huckabee among the possibles, just ahead of Clintons.

But it makes Obama even MORE scary to me. Rumors that Edwards wants Atty General!!!!!!!

AG!!!! Check his background.. now THAT is SCARY.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: FLASH: Edwards drops out

Does this mean you have EDS, pettyfox??
    I always had my suspicions, and I am not surprised in the least.

Guess my vote to keep Edwards in the Primary was not enough. Not saying I would have thought he would be the best candidate, but I liked his influence on the debates. And the fact that he scares pettyfox gives me some comfort also.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah; he would be half the AG that Alberto Gonzales was!

Hey, Petty; un-hijack this thread and move Edwards over to a new thread. There was some serious non-fingerpointing non-pointscoring discussion [you know, people sharing information, learning, understanding]about Romney going on, and it might not be over yet.

Thanks

4. pettyfog

What, then, {as I assume that was being snide} are Edwards qualifications for AG?

Even Janet Reno was much more qualified.

5. pettyfog

Let me make it perfectly clear... I am NOT talking about Elian Gonzales. She did the right thing, there. though it was ham-handed.
    Which was in character as...
    I am talking about the tactical idiocy that resulted in the Waco massacre.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

where are the rumors coming from about AG? Didn't you just tell us YESTERDAY that he was running for VP?

Oh, and I never said that Edwards was qualified to be AG -- of course, he is a lawyer, and that's about all it takes. The Gonzales reference is just to point out that you don't have to be intelligent, honest, or capable -- just as long as you're friends with the president and owe your allegiance to him [and not to that pesky Constitution or the rule of law].

Thanks for the thread move, by the way.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Hey, I'm not going to stand by and let you insult a fellow Rice alum. Gonzales' professors at Rice said he was an excellent student and he graduated from Harvard Law. Considering that he was the son of a poor construction worker and the grandson of what were probably illegal immigrants, I dont think you can say he isnt intelligent. He didnt have a Senator father to get him into Harvard like Gore or into Yale like Bush.

His honesty and capability have been questioned but I bet time will show that was all politics. Alberto is a good guy. The Dems tried to make all of Bush's high level minority appointments look bad because they were embarassed about how many Bush appointed and the Republicans on the right didnt want Alberto to be appointed to the supreme court because they think he's too liberal.

BTW, in the 90's Alberto was honored by lawyers in Texas for his work to protect the legal rights of the indigent. Not the sort of thing a constitution abusing, torture approving, dishonest, power hungry lawyer usually does.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo, none of the crap about Alberto has anything to do with his being a hispanic. I'm sure he was a fine lawyer; I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm also sure he helped destroy the morale and credibility of the Justice Department by turning it into the President's hit squad. He's an embarrassment. Don't try to deflect it by saying it's because he's Latino. That perro wont hunt!

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Hatter, cannot agree. I listened to the congressional hearings on CSPAN and it was a witch hunt. They were making something out of nothing, as was the media.

The embarassment is how the Dems have tried to fashion intelligent, worthy, and accomplished minority Bush appointments into Uncle Toms. The black leadership has done the same.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

beg to differ. They were making plenty out of plenty. Gonzales was a disaster, but go ahead and kid yourself if you like. Everybody picks on Republicans, yeah; I know.