1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

With two matches left, Atletico Madrid...yes, you read that correctly, not Real, is poised to win LaLiga. They lead Barcelona by four points and Real by five with two fixtures to go. Atletico have 11th place Osasuna at home and 18th place Valladolid away so, on paper, they figure to get the job done. I don't follow the Spanish top tier that closely since it seems to be a two team race pretty much every season. I'm not so excited as much for Atleti, who seems to be alone as the perennial 3rd best club in Spain, as I am that neither of the monopoly clubs are going to win. I don't know how you say financial fair play in Spanish (which is still a joke in English), but any season where Barca and Real DON'T win the league, the Copa del Rey and the Supercopa de Espana is news. My only disappointment with this development is that Luis Suarez gets to win something.