"Source on how Cookie feels"

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Jacob, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

This garbage is all from the daily Mirror, but I don't doubt some of it is true. If he still had the players confidence I fear for the next 5 games. The team played the opposite, so I don't know. I just know we need to get behind the team and hope we stay up.

I've launched an aggressive campaign on facebook.com to find a way to deliver a message/letter to Chris stating how I believe he is a good manager and he did what he could with what he was given. I just want to wish him luck after the HORRID SEND OFF HE GOT FROM THE HOME FANS!

I have a few leads, but nothing solid. I have a friend that is an avid Man U fan and he even said he would sign the letter because he feels he is a great manager, but just inconsistent. (young)

Apparently, for my 2 year anniversary with my girl friend I was supposed to be getting a letter from Cookie himself, but now I doubt that will happen.

If ANYONE has a way to contact him besides the training ground address I would love a personal message so I could send him a personal letter.

2. ArsenalFan

ArsenalFan New Member

Hey as my username suggest, I'm an Arsenal fan and I thought Coleman deserved at least until the end of the season to get out of the relegation zone. I believe that, with the budget he's having every year, he's doing a great job. I've got great respect for his beliefs on positive football and the way you beat us in Craven Cottage was respectable as teams usually come and defend against us but not you guys. Hope you guys appreciate what he had done for the club. From I've seen from the other clubs' forums, the majority thought the sacking of Coleman was wrong and harsh. So add that an Arsenal fan also respects him=D. Thanks!

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

But thats exactly the point, he's a nice guy and thats all the supporters of other clubs see is this 'nice manager who has had little money to spend'.

What other fans, and you include ArsenalFan, don't see or feel is that we have won two away games in two years and that we have won only ONE match in 15 and we are slowly dropping down the league. Enough said really.

4. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I saw your other post mike about the comparison to Wimbledon. What a horror scenario that would have been. Like I said if the lads were not behind him 100% then we would not get anything from these last 5 games.

While he hasn't had much money to spend and when he did it he made a few questionable signings.... There is no excuse for the away form. The fact that you traveled to all those games knowing generally what would happen the last two years says a whole lot about you and the rest of the Fulham faithful.

I just wanted to personally wish him luck and thank him for the great times he did bring to the club, whether playing or managing.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Maybe Mike can do a "Beers with Cookie".

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

hahahahaha

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: "Source on how Cookie feels"

And all I can do is smile at a comment like this... :|

8. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

Sad, but inevitable...

...I am sad that this is the end of an era of Chris Coleman being at our club. He came 10 years ago for £2.8 million and ten years later - yes 10 years later, that was about the maximum he was allowed to spend by the suits.

A lovely guy, too loyal to his friend and metaphotric albatross Kean. He made small improvements year on year, but in the premiership he was not learning at a fast enough rate - and he didn't have the luxury of the funds given to his profligate predecessors to buy players that could change a game. Jimmy Bullards injury ultimately cost us a further minimum of 10 points (at least), and with that Chris's luck ran out.

I will always have time for him and wish him every success, which I think he will get with a more financially supportive chairman.

Good luck Cookie - and for one last time I will end a message with

'ICWT'...

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: Sad, but inevitable...

great post!!!! I completely feel the same way...even though I wasn't a supporter 10 years ago, for the past 3 years I have grown to love Cookie and his enthusiasm. I look forward to following his career whereever he goes and am greatful for all he gave to the club.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: "Source on how Cookie feels"

Heh... dont forget to have it edited. By someone who doesnt make the same mistake twice.
    ;)