Son Of JFK Conspirator Drops Bombshell

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kwdawson, May 4, 2007.

1. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry to say this, pard, but I think you're in tin-foil hat country with this one. There was an exhaustive investigation into this assassination and, in order for there to be a coverup, there had to be widespread suppression of evidence by people like Chief Earl Warren and then Congressman Jerry Ford. Add to this the fact that had there been a CIA conspiracy to kill Kennedy, how in the world would it have been supressed for 44 years? With all these books to write? And the raison d'etre behind the assassination -- that Kennedy was about to take us out of Vietnam -- has been debunked THOUSANDS of times by Kennedy staffers as well as miles and miles of public record.

The conspiracy theory came about because, in 1963, it seemed incomprehensible for a lone gunman to kill the most guarded man in the world. We've seen since then, however, two attempts on Ford's life -- either of which should have done the deed -- as well as the miraculous escape of Ronald Reagan in 1981. The truth is that there is no protection from somebody with a gun who is determined to do damage with it. The tragedy at VaTech is the most recent evidence.

It may be interesting, or even comforting to think that there's a conspiracy surrounding every evil event around us, but the uncomfortable reality of life is that we're all pretty much at the whim of whatever crazy is in our vicinity, and, that despite our opposable thumbs and analytical brains, we're all very near the level of crazy ourselves, and we're highly perishible.

Crap; I need a martini after all that.

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

If you believe the Warren Commission then I have a watch to sell you. If LBJ on video admitted he was the leader in killing of JFK you still would believe the lone gunman theroy.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sorry, I aint buying it. Oliver Stone made a movie about a 'conspiracy'... guy named Clay Shaw was involved. It was a bunch of crap.

And starred -gasp- Kevin Costner!

The longer the 'conspiracy' thing gets bandied about, the more outlandish it gets.

And LBJ was suspected -IF there was a conspiracy- from the very beginning. So that aint exactly earth shattering either, it's like -not rocket science- JFK and LBJ did not like each other... LBJ was only VP so Kennedy could get the southern vote.

Oh.. I have no doubt there WAS a conspiracy... but think it's far more likely Cuban in origin.

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Well you guys are in the minority with most polls being 80-90% of people not believing the official story.

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

7. Nside

Nside New Member

Kevin Costner, Bruce Willis, George Clooney, Helen Hunt, Who Cares?...

Since when do actors or celebrities have a credible voice other than what has been scripted for them?

THIS JUST IN: Paris Hilton thinks Wal-Mart is a store that sells walls!

8. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I don't need a celebrities to tell me to do or what to think, but some people do. When Rosie O'Donnell came out about 911, Im sure alot of here fans did some research. When people put famous individuals on a high pedestal what they have to say has an impact.

9. Nside

Nside New Member

whether it's right or completely wrong (which is usually the case), the sheep will follow...

no argument here...

10. pettyfog

Let's reset.... what a conspiracy theory is boils down to 'a complicated alternative to a simple issue'.

The WTC thing is the perfect example. Popular Mechanics did a great job in debunking the planted charges theory, so then the focus shifted to WTC 7 so the effect of the towers' collapse on the steel foundation was examined and shown it would have affected. But non-engineers built some loony popsicle stick type model to show they were right.

And some loonies are now saying it would have been extremely difficult for all 19 {actually there were supposed to be 20} guys to coordinate the hijackings.... and they base this on how difficult it is to pick 4 flights that will all leave on time!

A Utah prof claimed to have de-debunked the rathergate docs, showing they WERE actually real, and showed proof on line. Unfortunately, for him, he didnt use good security on his personal files which showed the extensive pixel mapping he used to come up with the 'proof'

11. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I find it funny how all the believers of the governments story only quote Popular Mechanics. Here is a little history on Popular Mechanics, they are owned by Hearst Corporation. William Randolph Hearst wrote the book on cronyism and yellow journalism, also the senior researcher on the 'Debunking 9/11 Lies' piece Benjamin Chertoff is the cousin of Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. So Popular Mechanics wouldn't have a reason to whitewash something would they?

12. Jelly

Jelly New Member

The conspiracy theory wasn't just brought up in a movie by Oliver Stone. There was an actual trial of Clay Shaw. You know, Jim Garrison was the prosecutor. He even wrote a book about it well before the movie came out. Shaw was acquitted, but that doesn't mean a) there wasn't a conspiracy or b) that Oliver Stone just fabricated the whole thing for a film. It just means that Garrison wasn't able to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. Nobody's proved anything beyond a reasonable doubt from the other side either.

And has everyone discussing this actually been to Dealey Plaza in person and surveyed the site of the assassination? If you have, and you can still be so dismissive of alternate theories (other than the lone gunman), I'd be impressed by, if nothing else, your conviction. It would take a lot of it to just put all the holes in the lone guman theory out of mind.

13. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Plus Garrison's key witness David Ferrie just happen to commit suicide, which Garrison had most of his case riding on. On the Trail of the Assassins by is a great book, and Jim Garrison was such a brave person taking on the US Government

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yes, it's true, District Attorneys and Sheriffs from Louisiana and elsewhere in the South were very "brave" to take on the US government during the 50s and 60s -- bless them.

kwd, Everybody I knew -- left, right, and center -- that lived through the real experience and paid attention ROARED WITH LAUGHTER when they heard that Oliver Stone was making a movie about the assassination in which Jim Garrison was going to be the hero. He was such a pitiful headline grabber of no substance, the idea of him "having the truth" was so completly absurd.

As is this wonderful example of irony in life: "I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone" -- Crash Davis, Bull Durham [as played by Kevin Costner] :shock:

15. pettyfog

When I saw Jack ruby shoot Oswald, I immediately thought something smelled.

But then the facts came out on who Ruby was, and how he always wanted to be a 'big player' and had failed at about everything. That settled it for me... and I'd never heard of Occam's Hammer.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Is that another of them illegally signed Argentinians?

17. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

In a AOL poll 80% of 216,771 believed Oswald didn't act alone. I have seen a few polls now, and their always 80% to 90% not believing the offical story.

Link

18. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

"...and I'd never heard of Occam's Hammer."

Is that something akin to "Thor's Razor?"

19. pettyfog

And that means WHAT?!!!! Here's what it REALLY means... "In a poll of users {who believe that AOL is 'the Internet'}, who cared enough to respond, 80%....."

As opposed to almost EVERYONE who takes a SERIOUS look at it.. meaning they probably ALSO dont get their 'news' from E! and the Comedy Channel.. debunking the freaking conspiracies.

Would you say the guy who wrote 'Helter Skelter' {I mean the BOOK on Tate-LaBianca murders} might be a serious researcher and observer?

Well, here it is, reviewed
    in NYT

Note: I got the tip on this from powerlineblog... and hadnt read the review, yet.. bot here the reviewer makes my point exactly:

In other words, when everyone who is hurt in any way needs to find someone to sue for it, and any sinister event HAS to be the result of some 'secret conspiracy.. the tinfoil hats come out and there are plenty of believers.

What Bugliosi evidently does in this book, in other words, is not only debunk the conspiracy and it's sources, once he gets them down he rips their heads off and shoves them down their necks!

Here's a hint on how to look at this, KW.... my dad is in his dot-age and for some reason he has started to watch the various documentary channels, specifically Discovery and history channels, and his favorite program topic is 'UFO's among us'.
    Every 2nd time I visit him, he brings the subject up... and asks me if I think they actually exist. To which I reply ... and this might surprise you..

"Yes I certainly do, and yes, I believe the government has covered them up.... BUT IT DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!! "

And it doesnt. Likewise, while I think there MIGHT be things yet to be uncovered about the assassination, they are hardly likely to be 'earth-shaking' in the larger view.

No, it wasnt an 'intergalaxy alien ' plot, either.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

When kwd first posted those stats, I was going to ask how many of those who responded to the aol "poll" actually read the Warren Commission Report.

I sentenced myself to that ordeal over a 3-day weekend about 3 months after it arrived in my local library. I was the 2nd person to have checked it out.

The ironic thing about a lot of this conspiracy hokum is that real documentary evidence that could poke holes in these theories is usually easy to get to. To counteract this fact, folks like to declare all of them irrelevant -- that way nobody bothers to do the independent reading and research that might allow them to come to their own conclusion.

I didn't draw my final conclusions about the assassination until after I'd read the complete report, read dozens of interviews of Warren Commission members and read or viewed about 15-20 different counter-theories. In the intervening years, nothing has come to light to make me question those conclusions. I'm just wondering if any of the people in that aol poll did that sort of research before they "voted."

I doubt it.