Son of {if}"No USA players @ Fulham" thread: Stay?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jensers, May 1, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE:Son of {if}"No USA players @ Fulham" thread: St

Soo... if you WANT to get back on topic; then just how many Inamota fans hung around?

I suggest US fans are a little different, there's been plenty of evidence on that. some got hooked during the WC, some want a team to follow during MLS off-season. Some just are getting intetrested due to the increased TV coverage of the Prem.

We've already seen some the the Clint's Kidz drop out.. but there's several Revs/Dempsey fans that contribute regularly on the Offal.. and dont just talk about him.

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Re: RE:Son of {if}"No USA players @ Fulham" thread

Aside from myself, well... I don't know any other Ina fans that actually stuck with Fulham.

I guess the vast majority of soccer fans in Japan tend to follow players more than teams, because there simply aren't too many players plying their trade in Europe or anywhere outside of Japan. Every once in a while, a player becomes too big for the domestic league, and seeks a move elsewhere. Not too different from what we see with MLS, but it doesn't happen very often at all. So really, until a player moves to a European team, most of the fans there won't be too interested in following the said team. As an example: most Japanese people didn't know about Celtic until Nakamura moved there.

For me, the lure of the club became a lot stronger than the lure of the player -- but it goes without saying that the same did not happen to almost all other Ina fans.

3. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

...krhimself, this is a football/soccer related question, and this section is Golden Lion (Non-Soccer Related), I know, I was confused too...

:twisted:

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Huh? :roll: I might be more confused than you are!

5. K.Snyder

K.Snyder New Member

I'd like to know where you get "fair weather fan" out of a team that almost got relegated...

I suppose if they dropped everyone and put a bunch of murderers and molesters on a team you would still follow them huh?

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, the entire state of Nebraska did when Tom Osborne stocked his team with the same sort of "gentlemen."

7. K.Snyder

K.Snyder New Member

Well I'm not the state of Nebraska and I hate when people open their mouth when they don't have a clue as to what they're talking about...

I've always been a fan of McBrides from when he was here in Columbus and no I wouldn't appreciate it if Fulham got rid of McBride...I support the EPL more than I support the MLS because I don't believe in supporting something second rate even if it is my own nationality...I'm in it because I like the game...

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Players will always come and go...

...Fulham will always be there (God willing).

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: The right to reply

It would appear that there is a fair amount of wisenheimers on this forum...I like it...