Snow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DCDave, Feb 6, 2010.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

Up to 20+ inches in McLean, VA, today (just outside of DC). It is amazing. This is the biggest snow storm we've had int he 25+ years I've lived here. We dug out this morning about 10AM but it looks like we did nothing. And it's sill coming down hard.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Crazy stuff, Dave. Make sure the snowblower has gas. We've had more rain the last 2 weeks since 1992.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Thanks, Petty, for ruining my post. I was just trying to give a weather post. I did not intend for you to turn it into another political rant.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Snow - Cleared of PF slush

Sorry Dave.. All fixed.
    As I said, I was in the area in the early sixties and it seemed then that any snow cover of over an inch and lasting three or more days was a rarity, then.

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Our winter has been mild and wet. It has been horrible in all honesty... It has made for good temps working in the shop tho.

I had no idea other parts of the country were getting dumped on. The only news I get is the 15 minutes of NPR I listen to in the AM, and they said things are getting fairly out of control in the DC area with a lot of people without power.

6. DCDave

DCDave Member

Re: Snow - Cleared of PF slush

Thanks, Petty, no problem. Your recollections are right. For example, I don't think I shoveled last year more than once, and that was for a very small snowfall. That is more the norm than this.

It's going to get worse, though. They're predicting another 5-10 inches for tomorrow/Wednesday. The good news is that we don't go to work tomorrow, I'll be able to watch the Burnley game live.

7. pettyfog

8. pettyfog