Should Big Ten rescind Rutgers Invite?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, May 6, 2014.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

They ought to. If there ever was a pure indicator of future disaster, we're seeing it happen right now.

Only Rutgers could screw up having Eric LeGrand as an alum
    First the administration invites then disinvites Condi Rice, Accomplished Black woman with a very broad range of interests, including football, which might have been the broad brush focus of her address.

Then they do the same to their own alumnus, Eric Legrand.. also an inspiration.

So instead they intend to invite former governor Tom Kean, non-alumnus old white guy who will probably be resented as well for his ties to Big Corp and making Muslims feel hurt because of their involvement in 9/11.

Yeah, that will work.
    Maybe Rutgers is racist ..
    .. and the student activists and Poli Sci profs should mutiny and take it over... for the good of the masses', ya know.

At least they'll take the heat off the next Buckeye scandal. Or Northwestern idiocies... which could render the whole Big Ten moot due to ability to opt out of athletics altogehter, destroying Title IX.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I thought that was the U of Minnesota that did that. That's what the slobberers over on Facebook were bemoaning.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

No, they shouldn't. They're only interested in the tv market and could care less about Rutgers the institution.

The Northwestern thing is just a move to give players leverage. If the NCAA weren't so poorly run, it would have never come to the Northwestern players petitioning the NLRB. Fortunately, the leadership at the power conferences will take the reins and lead the NCAA to doing what both those conferences and the players want.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/sec-commissioner-leagues-union-advocates-have-comm/nffWR/

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Are you still mad at Rutgers for the Don Imus thing? Is that what's bugging you?

5. tslyon

tslyon Member

No fair! You can't cross pollinate threads! Too much taken out of context when you do that :naughty:

Cheers,

Steve

6. tslyon

tslyon Member

Updated...

Update: In a statement, Rutgers president Robert Barchi says LeGrand "will speak at our commencement" and that "it was never our intention that Eric would be the only speaker." A previous school release identified former New Jersey governor Tom Kean as "the 2014 commencement speaker" who "will deliver the commencement address."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...s-commencement-speech-eric-legrand-condi-rice

Cheers,

Steve

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, in other words, Pettyfog was either wrong about everything, or was making stuff up again.

I am shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Really, Don? Please point out where my post was wrong, whether I made it up or not.