Setana Online Broadband

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gregweaver, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Gregweaver

Gregweaver New Member

does anyone use this? I was thinking of signing up for it but the site is kind of confusing and I really can't tell what is involved w/ the subscription and what is still ppv.

Anyone who uses this and wouldn't mind sharing their experience i'd greatly appreciate

2. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Greg, i've used it in the past, but when my wife got a new computer, I wasn't able to use the application any more. The big thing is that worked for me to watch the portsmouth game last year while I was in dallas. FOr that, it was all worth it.

The picture quality is better than any of the feeds i've seen from the general chat area.

3. tim

tim Active Member

Greg - just signed up myself this weekend. So far so good. I think EPL and FA Cup are all parts of the basic service. As far as I can tell Champions League is PPV. Still exploring it all, but I can't get Setanta through cable, so seemed like a good option---at least last Saturday when I was trying to figure out how I was going to see the WBA match.

4. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I have Setanta on DirecTV, so I don't use the broadband service for football. However, I have used the broadband service to watch 6 Nations rugby via PPV. The quality is pretty good. Not quite as good as say ESPN360.com, but close.

I use ESPN360.com to watch Champions League. I love it (cause its free).

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I absolutely *HATE* ESPN360. They have this stupid "must have one of the supported internet providers" rule; thing is, none of the "approved providers" provide service to my house. I wouldn't mind paying a subscription, but not providing access just because I don't live in the "right" neighborhood?

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The issue behind it..

Doesnt seem right to me to make all ISP subscribers pay for 'free' sport streaming. That's one of the issues behind 'P2P', as well.

{moving this to the 'tech/tv' forum}