Senate Passes Bill

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 1, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Harry Reid acted like an adult.

Bill, laden down as it was with stuff thrown in by SIG, passed easily.

2. pettyfog

Watched the post vote speeches ... THAT is how we want our leaders to act!

Especially kudos to Reid and Dodd. I dont like either of them but they acted like statesmen!

3. pettyfog

House passes Senate Amends

The actual vote on bill comes soon. Should pass.

What's with those 'add-ons'?

- The toy wooden arrow foof - Erases mistake on previous legislation taxing ammunition. Applied to toy arrows as well. No big 'lobby' involvement

- Mental Health coverage equity. This will bring in quite a few Dem votes and a few from GOP as well. From now on, an insurer cannot make up own rules over whether he can cover Mental Heath treatment as he does treatments for physical illness and injury.

MAny of the others are, of course, pork.

Noted that Nancy didnt poison the vote this time... of course she still may on the vote, proper.
    - and I dont want to hear from you idiots who say the last vote runup speeches didnt or shouldnt matter. I have a link to a liberal writer who made just that case, then explained why it did matter.
    - - - -- - - - -

Watching the DJI right NOW, it seems as if Don might be right and I might be wrong on the bailout effect on Wall street. DJ at +250 right at start of vote, now at +100.

- - - - - -- - - - -

I want you all to take note of the lavish praise being given Barney Frank, not just in the house but prev in the senate. Keep that in your long term memory because it's going to be important.