Second half of the baseball season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PapaBouba, Jul 13, 2006.

1. PapaBouba

PapaBouba New Member

The AL race is going to be fantastic! White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers, Yankees, Toronto, Minnesota are all looking solid.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Go White Sox!

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Wrong color Sox, Tom. :wink:

Go Red Sox. :banana:

4. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

You don't include the Indians? Come on, only 18.5 games behind. If we have had half a season to get in this mess, we have the same amount of time to get ourselves out of it right??? :3d nervous: :3d crying:

5. tibor

tibor New Member

I hope my Seattle Mariners can pull out a title in the craptastic American League west with a sub .500 record! That would make a lot of people mad, especially the solid teams in the Central and West.

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I think the Wild Card comes out of the West, just like everyone is predicting. I think the Blue Jays will kick the crap out of the R.Sox and the Yanks will beat up on them. Thus propelling the Yanks to again win the East.

This all really depends on who makes a big move here... the Tigers wont get the same pitching all year and I expect Verlander to grow weary soon because of the number of innings he's pitching and him being a rookie and all. The Tigers need another started to compliment Marroth when he's off the DL. Another hitter might be nice here, but not necessary.

The Yanks need pitching, screw the hitter... unless you can get a RBI guy who you are going to sign next year... Tom Gordon would be nice if he was back too.

The Red Sox need pitching...

The White Sox are stacked... they are the favorites at this point.

I dont even include the AL west... the Angels need help, the A's are shoddy, and I think those are the only two teams that play out there.

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

Go Tigers. We deserve it--it's been too long since we've had anything to cheer about...

When Maroth comes off the DL in 2-3 weeks, we'll have six starting pitchers. It won't surprise me if one of them goes down, but that'd still give us five. They've discussed going to a modified six-man rotation to lessen the burden on the young starters, plus Leyland has been careful to pull Verlander a little earlier now. Another option is Humberto Sanchez, unless we trade him.

While it would seem that the heavily right-handed hitting Tigers are in need of a lefty bat, they are actully hitting righthanders beter than lefties. Part of that is the relative quality of the pitchers we've faced (lefty starters against Detroit have had a 4.75 ERA compared to 5.54 for right starters) but part of it is real. Not that we couldn't use a lefty hitters, but there isn't much out there. (They passed on Aubry Huff.) Actually, they are looking at Soriano, even though he's a righty, because they see him as one of the few impact bats available.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

2006 World Series: Minnesota Twins vs. Milwaukee Brewers.

The series will be declared a tie and both teams will share the title. I only say this because I'm a fan of both teams equally.

9. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Re: RE: Second half of the baseball season

My sentiments exactly! We're only three games back, believe it or not. It seems like every division except the NL East is still up for grabs.

10. tibor

tibor New Member

RE: Re: RE: Second half of the baseball season

Wow that avatar is creepy. :)