Seattle Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ditto. I can't wait for NFL season to start so they can insert another commercial after a kickoff to try to sell me a truck for the umpteenth time.

2. IanHux

IanHux New Member

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Look at it this way, ianhux; if Katrina had missed New Orleans, the OKC Thunder would have been the ex-Hornets instead of the ex-Sonics. That would mean that OKC would be a prime candidate to win it all next season, rather than the same bunch of losers 1500 miles east. Yep, the word was out after the 2004-2005 season that New Orleans would be losing its franchise to OKC, but ... .

By the way, if you've ever spent any time in OKC -- a city that I really love -- you'll know that "Thunder" is the perfect name. Sort of like the Seattle Endless Drizzle. :D

Having said all that, them be some seriously ugly unis!

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I said it's like thunder, it's like lightning...

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

their uniforms are frightening ...

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

That is not the most scary Thunder uniform I have ever seen. Back in time around 1986 or so we had a CBA team called the Evansville Thunder. If I remember correctly the unforms were some kind of orange and red combo for a short period of time. The most notable thing about that team was Jerry Sloan coached it for a year or two.

Check out the old logo I found. Top notch graphics don't you think. :lol:

At least the Thunder name had a community connection here with the annual Thunder on the Ohio hydroplane race. Wonder what the OKC people were thinking?