Searching for a video of a 2006 match

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Kynd, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Kynd

Kynd New Member

I've been looking for a copy of the April 15th 2006 victory against Charlton Athletic at Craven Cottege. I contacted Fulham, who said they don't have a copy and try the BBC instead. The BBC said they cannot help either, so anyone have any ideas where else to look?

Thanks!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Kynd, good luck in finding the proverbial needle in a haystack. Maybe sky sports. You might also want to try the Friends of Fulham site, someone on there might be able to direct you.

3. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Thanks for the ideas.

I've already signed up for Friends of Fulham and I'll see if SkySports can help. The BBC were very polite in their denial, and were nice enough to let me know that they would have charged me £100 ($160) if they could have helped me, which they can't. If anyone is curious, their rules are as follows:

"If you have had a major involvement in a BBC programme you may be able to apply for a copy of your contribution. To be eligible you must have: had a major involvement either in the making of the programme, or contributed in the programme personally, or had your company/organisation featured in the programme.

We're sorry, but members of the public who have appeared on screen as part of a studio audience or a crowd shot - for example at a football match - are not eligible to use this service."

Someday, somewhere, someone will create a massive repository of every Fulham match available, and you'll be able to watch a match from the day you were born, or one you had to miss when you were a kid and always wished you had gotten to see it. Until then, I'll keep searching...

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Thanks for the ideas.

I'll have a look around here and see if we have the match laying around. You never know, just might have it.