Schedule ahead and relegation or not??

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by RidgeRider, Mar 17, 2008.

1. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Ok, I did some rudimentory analysis and we have a very good chance of staying up as long as our solid play continues. Here is how it plays out basically:

* Bolton is done, they are going down, see their schedule, they play 5 top table games in a row and finish with Chelsea, Coca-Cola is in their future

* Newcastle is teetering on going down as well, today's game is big for them, they have 4 top of the table games left and hot Fulham next week, but their schedule favors them if they can come out of their tailspin, if not, they may be done

* Birmingham has 5 games against top table teams, although 4 are at home so this may give them some hope but it doesn't look good

*Fulham still has to play Liverpool, Man City and Portsmouth and has the fewest number of top table teams left, basically they have the easiest schedule of all 4 of these teams and better momentum going into the last games

We are staying up!!!

Newcastle:
    Birmingham City - A
    Fulham - H
    Tottenham - A
    Reading - H
    Portsmouth - A
    Sunderland - H
    West Ham - A
    Chelsea - H
    Everton - A

Birmingham:
    Newcastle - H
    Reading - A
    Manchester City - H
    Wigan Athletic - A
    Everton - H
    Aston Villa - A
    Liverpool - H
    Fulham - A
    Blackburn Rovers – H

Bolton:
    Manchester United - A
    Manchester City - H
    Arsenal - H
    Aston Villa - A
    West Ham - H
    Middlesbrough - A
    Tottenham - A
    Sunderland - H
    Chelsea – A

Fulham:
    Newcastle - A
    Derby County - A
    Sunderland - H
    Reading - A
    Liverpool - H
    Manchester City - A
    Birmingham City - H
    Portsmouth - A

2. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Thanks for laying everything out like that Rider...really makes me feel a lot better, however we are on the raod 5 of our last 8 and we all know how that goes...

...But I would agree, at least for now, we will stay up if we continue to play as we did against the coffees.

3. Kathy

Kathy New Member

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Thanks for the article. It was excellent! Newcastle is in big trouble if they don't win today. One of the things they mentioned in the article, that is key to winning, is confidence. Newcastle is lacking it and I really think Fulham has it. I think it started with the Villa win. THE WINK last week, for me, was really what made me think these guys could do it, that was a sign of confidence. Even though we have 5 away games as BearsFans4Life so rightly pointed out, I believe at least 2 of them are winnable with this current team and with their current level of play. Can't wait till this weekend!

5. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Newcastle - Birmingham just ended in a 1-1 Draw, which I think is a pretty decent result for us.

Hopefully Newcastle's slump will continue this weekend and we can pick up an AWAY WIN!?!?!?!