Ruiz's Ankle, Berbatov's Hamstring & Jol's Thin Skin

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by AggieMatt, Sep 16, 2013.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ans?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

So exhausted with Jol. :doh: I don't like it when media here dissect every comment and read too much into every action. That said, I've seen suggestions that maybe Jol isn't happy at Fulham and feels like the club is beneath him to an extent. His behavior and comments lend weight to that argument.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I saw some weird, sexist comments about women from Jol. I tried to find them again and couldn't...anybody have link to that. Something about women and morning? Wish I had read that again...I have come to the conclusion that he just might need a translator--at least that's what I am hoping.

Edit: Found it: http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ier-league

3. AggieMatt

We should be glad that he's not on Twitter. I can't help but feel relieved that I don't know the backstory for that comment. :scared-yipes:

4. tim

tim Active Member

Ugh, reading all of that just makes me angry. No reasonable Fulham supporter expects a top four finish. They just expect a competitive team with a desire to play to turn up each week. They expect something positive from the squad, and there have been plenty of times under MJ that they haven't gotten that. MJ's hearing it and he should be. If he thinks everything is just fine and it's the fans' outsized expectations that are providing the problem, he needs a serious reality check, and fast.

5. AggieMatt

According to the club, Ruiz was able to walk despite swelling. Scan revealed an isolated ligament strain. The FFC site says no estimated return date but I'm seeing it listed as 2-3 weeks elsewhere. Which would have him fit just in time to go play for Costa Rica and get another knock?

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, on his website he says he'll be out 15 to 22 days and should be able to play in the WC qualifiers in October.

As for Jol's backstory, it's probably just that--him talking out of his ass.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/jo ... _1_2727537

8. AggieMatt

Just imagine if you were a Husker fan as well as a Fulham fan. Talk about having a bad week.

9. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

:eek: :lol:

Although I shouldn't laugh, I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan as well... :angry-banghead:

10. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

It could be worse. You could be a Browns fan. Sorry Mo.

11. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

You might want to rethink that statement after yesterday, Barry. :doh: Ugh, both of my football teams (the round and point variety) are bottom of the barrel.