Rovers vs Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It's very, very windy right now in NJ. Not that it will last.

ANYWAY! Fulham beat Arsenal, the NJ Devils scored more than 2 goals for a change and won tonight 5-2, and I fully expect Fulham to drop a hammer on the Rovers. Then I'll enjoy the Devils beating Philly tomorrow and Rutgers being West Virginia. OK, almost all of that has nothing to do with tomorrow's game, but my point is that I'm excited for Fulham and confident that they can get 3 on the road.

1-0 Fulham! COYW!

2. RDG

RDG Member

Blackburn v Fulham -- NYC Meet-up??

Ok, ok, first the weather report: windy and much cooler, with lows, . . .

HE-EEEEYYYY!!

Yeah, I know I've put something under the "Suggestions" area, but in case someone hasn't seen this, it looks as though there's interest in meeting up at Baker St. ( www.bakerstreetny.com -- First Ave. and E. 63rd St. in Manhattan) tomorrow to watch the match. With any luck, I'll be there at 2. No, I won't know the score, as I'd like to watch it "fresh". That, and my computer is a wee bit on the old side, so I've not subscribed to FulhamTV. I've almost forgotten what Gentleman Jim's voice sounds like.

COYW!!!!

Oh, and my line-up would be the same as against AFC (CC likes to go with the saaa-aame line-up -- he's used the fewest players in the EPL), except that I'd like to see John in for Radzinski. Ok, maybe Routledge, but I have a feeling that John should get a start (just once in a while).

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

RE: Blackburn v Fulham -- NYC Meet-up??

Well since were all infatuated with each others weather I might as well chip in. No snow in Minnesota just cold. I HATE waiting for the bus in the cold!

As for the match if were aggressive we can win. Please be aggressive CC, sitting back and grinding it out will not work against B'burn.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Blackburn v Fulham[R]

Reminder: Please do not change the thread title of game threads. The title of threads appear on the left of latest forum threads. So no scores in the titles please, people do record games for later viewing and still like to browse this messageboard.

If you must change the thread title, please use a [R] for Result.

Thank you.

:banana:

COYWs!!!!

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Blackburn v Fulham[R]

Yes, dear.
    ;)

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The build up to the game is in full flow. The 4 panel sky pundits are confitently predicting a Blackburn win, with only one going for a draw. Mark Lawrenson is also predicting a 2-0 defeat for the whites. A good omen.

On the side: Malbranque played for Spurs today against the Arse, he was subbed at half time with Spurs 2-0 down. Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Spurs are having a tough time of it this season, comparatively. I would have thought with their talent, they would be higher in the table.

That said, I don't really give a flying fluck where they end up, as long as they are not competing with us for our rightful spot in Europe. Come On You Whites!!

A solid victory today would do everything to boost everyone's confidence.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Interesting Line-up:

Lastuvka
    Volz--Pearce--Knight--Rosenior
    Brown--Diop--Jensen--Boa
    ----HH---CJ

Makes sense to rest some players, but Lastuvka? Hmm...hope he does well.

[Edit: Niemi is unwell, according to GJ]

9. GaryBarnettFanClub

Why brinhg Pearce back in when Christanval played so well in the week? Unless the injury prone fella is crook again?

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, Christanval is on the bench, he just might not be 100%.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The chat room is cursed, as soon as I entered, Blackburn get a goal.

Lastuvka has not made a very good debut, so far.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Typical. Fulham looks great against Arsenal, then the team drops off in performance the next game.

Sigh, this game will teach me not to get my hopes up when it comes to Fulham.

Of course, it didn't help not having Niemi in goal. Get well soon.

13. GaryBarnettFanClub

Four hours have passed since the final whistle blew, five since we knew fulham were drawing dead against a Blackburn team that should have been more troubled by our visit than they were.

What went wrong? Today, I don't care - all I know is that after waiting 40 years to beat Arsenal - the rosey glow that has followed me since Wednesday has gone. We surrendered with a whimper and that is so fulhamish. Bugger.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I hate to say this, but I completely expected this. Fulham was terrible today. Pearce and Knight were lost on both goals and the positioning of Jan Lastuvka on the first score was horrendous.

This was a very important game in my eyes. After a big win over Arsenal, Fulham came out and......laid a freakin' egg and looked terrible doing it in the process unfortunately.

Boa Morte must have had too many drinks from his man-of-the-match Champagne he was given after the Arsenal match because he was once again awful.

Needless to say, I am disappointed. Liverpool next week could be scary although knowing this team, they will win. I can't get a read on this club.

15. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

The game as a whole was pretty sad. Blackburn's first goal was off one-hell-of-a-lucky-deflection, the second I think was a deflection, Fulham looked drained all game, and the attendance looked to be MLSish. I was afraid of that happening after the big win against Arsenal, I should have said as such earlier but..you know I was still thinking in THEY BEAT ARSENAL WHOOOO mode.

I know fully understand what Fulhamish means now.

So. Can't go back in the past, so what's next? Liverpool AT Liverpool? Oh, I'm not looking so forward to that one after this performance.

COYW, please?

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Wow, does this post strike a chord now. That was total crap, and Pearce's second worst game this season after his nightmare against Man-who?

Fulham looked like they were just playing a Sunday match in the park, while Blackburn came out to prove that they have no respect for Fulham's recent win.

That was just ugly.

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

While much of the blame goes to the players crappy play, I think part of the blame is on Chrissy's shoulders. You HAVE TO make sure your squad doesn't deflate like this if you ever going to get to the next level.

Terrible job all around.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A NOTE TO MY FELLOW POSTERS OF THIS BOARD, THIS IS NOT A CHRIS COLEMAN OUT POST:

The statement above is probably correct. Unfortunately, this happens all too often with this team. I guess the inconsistent play keeps supporters like us on our toes, but it gets really, really frustrating. Something needs to be done to alleviate such let downs like this. Fulham is the most consistently inconsistent team I have ever supported.

I would love to hear what Cookie had to say to the team after the Arsenal game and the lead up to this Blackburn match. He was saying all the right things in the press after the Arsenal match, but who knows if he said that same stuff to the team.

While the Arsenal match will give us all long lasting memories, for the here and now, I would have preferred a win over Blackburn rather than Arsenal because of their similiar place in the table and such.

19. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

That was sad :(

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry about that; just saw the ESPN write-up and I'm gutted. Resting Christanval? Resting Brian? I don't know. I'm not slagging CC, cause he is my boy, but INT WTFO?!?!?!?!?!

I'll have my shirt with me next week. Let's see how that goes.

FULHAMISH is fulhamish. Sigh.