Rovers vs Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Nov 30, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Kick it off...

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Rovers vs Fulham

Let's see, who's available for this match? Hopefully, Fulham can repeat that type of play displayed against Arsenal for Blackburn.

My line-up:
    -------Niemi (Superhero)
    Volz--Christanval--Knight--Rosenior
    Radz (Routledge)--Diop---Brown--Boa
    -------------Jensen----
    ------------Mcb------

DCH's prediction: 2-1 Fulham

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This to me is the most intriguing and telling match of the season thus far. A huge win against Arsenal to be followed up with.......????

As Fulhamish as Wednesday night was, I worry about tomorrow's match. However, Fulham has played relatively well there over the last few seasons winning two and losing two there.

McBride has played well there scoring each of the past two seasons. I am not sure about this match though. I am hoping for at least a draw.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

everytime i get excited and predict a win we lose or play bad and draw. So i'm going with superstition and predicting a 5-0 Blackburn win...just like I did for Arsenal. It worked then...maybe it will work now

5. psand22

psand22 Member

Yea, I know what you're saying. The games we should win...seem to be a lot tougher than they should be and we show up for the games the experts give us no chance in. It seems to happen every year.
    We've got to get to the point, where we go in and take care of business and win those games we should and steal those points on the road and in big games. It's gonna be tough with all of the injuries this season, but I think we're turning a corner...money well spent in Jan will only help.
    I'd stay with the same line up this week as the Arsenal game, unless Rout needs to be in for Radz.......I also see it (2-1) for the Whites.

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Ewood park is a ground where the crowd is near the pitch, it is important to silence the home fans early on, they have not had such a good season. If we can put them under pressure for the first 15 minutes we get the crowd on their back and the job is half done. We need to be in their face again.

I think this one can go either way, but the optimist in me say we will get at them from the start and win 2-0.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Same line-up as against the Arse. Good enough to beat them, good enough to beat the Grovers.

As an aside, when I was 8 years old, my first girlfriend's name was Natalie Blackburn. What's the relevance, you ask? There isn't any.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like everything about this. Don't forget Brian's love for scoring against American goalkeepers [almost got the goal of the season against Hahnemann in the closing minutes of the Reading game].

My big concern? I won't be wearing my shirt during the match. I'll be in Washington DC wearing a coat and tie and making a presentation.

Y'all have to will them home for me. COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

9. DCDave

DCDave Member

HatterDon, will you actually be making the presentation at 2:15 (gametime)? If not, you're welcome to come watch the game in suburban DC with me. I'd be happy to meet you at one of the several pubs showing the game.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dave, sorry mate. My presentation is from 2-3:30. I appreciate the invite. Thought about hunting you and DCH down when I got here, but it turns out I don't have a lot of down time before I leave Sunday morning.

Hopefully, another time. The "game at the pub" idea sounds great.

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We need to start putting away chances. While we beat Arsenal we really should of been 3-0 up before Arsenal scored with that great free-kick. I want to see an attacking lineup where we go for the points. Boa needs to show that he can play like he did vs Arsenal consistently. This is an away game that we should win and I think we will win by a score of 4-1. Blackburn are pure rubbish and their "star" players are overrated.

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Don, how about wearing the lucky shirt UNDER the suit? I'm sure it will be a bit chilly in D.C.

I swear, if those politicians screw this up for us,..........

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It's been mild all this time, until HatterDon arrives. I think this might be our last day in the high 60s for awhile.

Thanks, Don, I appreciate it, no really. :roll:

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Trust me Heather, the snow is coming. Here in Chicago we got pelted with six inches of snow and it is still coming down. The commute today was not fun and will not be going home either. Enjoy the nice, unseasonable weather while it lasts.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

There is no forcast for snow for us, just colder temperatures. Boo.

Hope your commute isn't as bad as you expect, Tom. Good luck and stay safe.

And have fun with that snow. :wink:

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey, I do what I can! :shock:

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

here in salt lake the weather has been crap the entire week. Low's around 10 degrees every night...high's in the mid to upper 20's during the day. Lot's of snow in the mountains....any skiers or snowboarders out there? come to Utah and partake in the powder

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Florida panhandle = High's in mid to low 70's / Low's in high to mid 50's / With Sunshine

19. Wyldirishman

Wyldirishman New Member

Ah yes Normal weather in store for the DC metro area.

3 -2 Fulham with Wayne R, McBride, and H.Helgson scoring a later winner.

COYW!

20. dirtyboy

dirtyboy New Member

As usual it’s perfect here in Los Angeles.

2-1 Fulham

Goals by Boa and John