Ron Paul Newsletters - Lew Rockwell

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 16, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

something I didnt want to comment on until the truth, or close to it, came out:

Probably Lew Rockwell wrote those newsletters

This article is worth reading in entirety as it points out the genesis and morphing of the far rightwing loonies behind Paul's campaign.

Paul can buy all the paint he wants, the Leopard still has those spots.

Another view from a slightly different angle:
    Links to refs are in the article.

2. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

As a Ron Paul supporter I have to say that the idea of Libertariansim at the Federal level was completely odd to me at first. As I read into the potential politics of a Libertarian federal government official, whether it be a Congressman or President, I soon realized why some of the views and the ways they are expressed can seem completely 'loony'.
    The assertion that RP is not a man of his Liberty & Freedom ideology can NOT be based on an assumption of the opposite because he simply acted in the opposite fashion of those who presented a bill. He has often agreed with the spirit of many bills, though because of a structure error or parts he viewed as unconstitutional or not worthy of congress' valuable time. Often times with symbolic votes Dr. Paul would explain the reason for his vote in great detail.

Any person who wants to be quick to judge based on the information provided above, I implore you to research Dr. Paul independently. YouTube his Congressional apprearances.

If candidates were to be judged by the company they keep, then each candidate would be far more infamous and unelectable indeed. If that is so, even in the smallest sense, you can find mass graveyards packed into tiny walk-in closests of the other candidates compared to the open amiore Ron Paul offers.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

All of which means nothing. You seem to only go by what he says rather than who he is.

I said at the outset that something about him smelled. I also said I understood the attraction to some, because he is saying all the right things, but I also dont see any way in hell he can make it work as he lays it out.

I will not give him a pass just because he 'says the right things'. It's the people -despicable people- that he willingly associates with that tell the story.

Summary: He is lying his ass off.

And the relative silence on the left about Paul tells me the effect of what would happen if he gained any traction in the Republican race.

The fact that so many actual Libertarian websites see the same thing reinforces my views.

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I think most politicians are lying their asses off... I think he doest it way less. OR at least he's consistent.

Call him a liar, thats fine. The rest are far worse. American politics is often about picking the best of the worst.

You dont have to like him... you already hate him because he wants to stop the war, which you are welcome too.

He does a service to some... he is educating people. No other candidate is doing that. Young people and disenfranchised alike, most people dont understand what this country was built on and how that idea has been subverted.

Thousands, if not more, have become enlightened on such things as blowback, nation building, Federal Reserve policy, the economy in general, American tradition, American history etc... not because they agree with him, but because he brings attention to them.

RP, in the least endearing sense, has done with 5 issues what Tancredo could do with one... immigration.

He's got more Delegates than Rudy, more than Fred... He's a top tier candidate and he is the most ANTI ESTABLISHMENT out of all the candidates...

I disagree, I think its because he is antiwar... and he makes more sense and has the record than any of the Dems on the issue... he doesnt avoid it and meets it head on... this is a danger to the left. Your right it would give him traction if they mention him.

When are you going to start attacking other candidates? Whom have more to harp on RP?

5. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I will say this, Ron Paul isn't surrounded by the best people at the moment. Not just Lew Rockwell (who has denied having anything to do with the newsletters), but RP does have many "fringe" individuals working for him. Which is fine, but when the "shit hits the fan", some people in his inner circle haven't handled things real well.

Ron Paul is a great man and he's always stayed the course. He's never wavered over the years and he is what this country needs in government. I wouldn't say I'm a RP supporter in the usual sense. I voted for him at the Primary, but my donations have went to the Libertarian Party & Libertarian Party candidates this year. Part of the reason I didn't donate to RP's campaign had a little bit to do with the people he chose to help lead his campaign.

Guess what I'm getting at is this, Libertarians have all the right intentions. Unfortunately, some of us aren't as "seasoned" as others and that shows through in a major political campaign. We are improving each and every election cycle and at some point in our lifetime, you will see Libertarians holding State or Federal offices. We are doing wonders at the local level, we just need to take the next step.