Riise v. Duffman

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nevzter, Sep 7, 2009.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

II wouldn't worry; he was just trying to get a riise out of Damiien. Iit'll pass.

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Pretty immature and/or daft thing to say. Really not Fulham's style or Hodgson's style. Hopefully they put him in his place.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

That's the second time for him with the Norwegian press. He was also quoted commenting on Hangeland and Arsenal. Not a very auspicious start for a backup.

Someone with the club needs to make sure this kid doesn't get hooked up on Twitter.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The kid obviously answers questions off the cuff (in the case, off the Duff). One thing to be leary of, is the translation and tone of his answers (I assume if it was w/the Norwegian press that it wasn't in English). In any case it should light a fire under DD.

I'm sure Riise will get a chance to play in the Carling matchup so it will be time to put up or shut up for the lad.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Imagine, two people with skills to the far right of the bell curve and correspondingly large egos do not see eye to eye. Happens in every sports team and sales organization in the world. Not every teacher I work with cares for me, and vice versa. Same at MP.

Woy didn't hang around as a manager for decades without knowing how to handle people like this. Come to think of it, a young blood like Aidy Boothroyd or Paul Pechisolido would handle this one well too.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

what steve said

8. jmh

jmh New Member

He says he didn't say it. If the Norwegian sports media is anything like the US and UK sports media, I'd at least consider the possibility that he didn't.